RFC negotiate new 12 month retail deal with Sports Direct

The slight issue I have with Dorrans is that I'm not so sure where he's going to play (he's usually in a deeper role nowadays) given we have Jack, Rossiter and Krancjar all supposedly earmarked for deeper positions. Add in Pena, Windass, Holt and Halliday then we have quite a few central players now so spending £2m on Dorrans is a big outlay unless we know we're moving one or two players on.

Norwich have being playing funny buggers for a few weeks as well with regard to price so at some point we either fulfil what they want or we walk away.

thinking we will see a more central three behind the single striker that will be adapted in certain games to two wingers

Jack rossiter sit with Pena krancjar Dorrans in front and Herrera as target man. Morales will maybe be used as a shadow striker replacing krancjar

thinking we will see a more central three behind the single striker that will be adapted in certain games to two wingers

Jack rossiter sit with Pena krancjar Dorrans in front and Herrera as target man. Morales will maybe be used as a shadow striker replacing krancjar

Leaves us very narrow though unless plan is for Wallace and Tav to really bomb on.

As a rule, I'd expect only one sitting for most games and one (or both) of McKay and Candeias to play wide with Pena and Kranjcar as our midfield providers. That's why I find Dorrans surplus unless we're maybe going to move Kranjcar (or possibly Rossiter) on.

I guess we'll find out next week how the manager intends setting out his team and new players. I can't wait!

Rangers chief Dave King admits Ibrox directors bankrolled Pedro Caixinha's summer spending spree

Ibrox chairman reveals how interest free cash advances helped the Portuguese rebuild his squad as he announces the end of the bitter feud with Mike Ashley and Sports Direct.

By Keith Jackson

This is the headline they run with!!!!.........................

A deal with SD should have been the perfect solution to our retail activities when we see what happened with JJB. Unfortunately, Greenco was desperate and Ashley greedy so we both lost out.

One does wonder what has happened to change big Mike's mind as he's not usually fond of raising the white flag.

As I said in another post, I think the judge in the retail trial may have something to do with it. Not in the know but the time frame seems to fit in. Judges do sometimes get opposing parties round a table and batter their heads together. We will never know for sure.

Maybe Ashely has just got bored of his new toy. It was costing him a lot of energy for virtually no return and a lot of bad publicity. I took a walk round his shop in Sauchiehall street when I was back which has a pretty prime location and it was also at a prime time. It was empty. The assistant came racing over to me to ask if he could help me to which I replied "No I am only looking I would rather drop dead than buy from Ashely" I got a left hander from my wife, and I know the assistant can't help it but it felt good. I felt as if I was leading the revolution at that moment.:D

Just one more thing I saw a lot of Rangers gear in Buchanan street centre. Some good looking T-Shirts. I didn't realise what it was so I just walked past. I read on FF that some supporters have a stall there. Now I wish I had stopped to take a closer look.