Julian Juul Wolhardt - why?

Julian Juul Wolhardt why did he invest in Rangers? The only link I can find and it's tenuous is that he and George Taylor both worked for Morgan Stanley. Anyway seems to be a money man.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-30/kkr-s-most-senior-china-executives-exit-as-firm-plans-third-fund

Mr. Julian Juul Wolhardt, CPA serves as a Director of Alphard Investment Holdings Limited, CIMIC Holdings Limited, Alphard Investment Limited and Alphard Investment Netherlands Cooperatief U.A. Mr. Wolhardt has been a Director of Advanced Dairy since 2008 and Orion Investment Co., Limited since 2010. He has been a Non-Executive Director of China Modern Dairy Holdings Ltd. since July 30, 2008. He has been an Independent Non-Executive Director of China Mengniu Dairy Company Limited since January 26, 2006. He was an Advisor of KKR & Co. L.P. since January 1, 2017. He served as an Executive Director for KKR Asia Limited. Mr. Wolhardt served as a Member, Partner and Regional Leader of China (Mainland and Taiwan) at KKR & Co. L.P. until December 31, 2016. Mr. Wolhardt joined KKR in 2006. He served as Vice President of Metalmark Capital LLC. He served at the mergers and acquisitions group of Lazard Freres. He served at with Coopers & Lybrand's financial advisory service group. He served as the Chairman of the Board at China Modern Dairy Holdings Ltd. from September 17, 2012 to June 28, 2013. He was with Morgan Stanley Private Equity Asia Limited from 1998 to 2006 and served as its Executive Director focusing on the group's private equity transactions in the Greater China region. He served as an Independent Non-Executive Director at China Cord Blood Corporation from April 27, 2012 to May 13, 2015. He served as a Non-Executive Director of China Paradise Electronics Retail Ltd. from 2005 to November 30, 2006. He served as a Director of Titan Investment Limited from 2006 to 2007 and Tianrui Group Cement Company from 2007 to 2010. He served as a Non Executive Director at CITIC Envirotech Ltd. from October 4, 2011 to August 2012. He served as a Non-Executive Director of Fujian Nanping Nanfu Battery Company Limited and as an Observer to the board of Hengan International Group Company Limited. He is a Certified Public Accountant and Certified Management Accountant. He holds a B.S. with Honors and Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from the University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign) in 1995.

Edited by BEARGER

It is a complete mystery totally out of left-field. Some clarity would be welcome, given the amount of scum we have had inching their way in before. Not casting dispertions as I have never heard of him and happy to give the benefit of the doubt if only for paying off MASH, but even a wee interview as to who it was that brought Rangers (and the availability of MASH's shares) to his attention would suffice.

It is a complete mystery totally out of left-field. Some clarity would be welcome, given the amount of scum we have had inching their way in before. Not casting dispertions as I have never heard of him and happy to give the benefit of the doubt if only for paying off MASH, but even a wee interview as to who it was that brought Rangers (and the availability of MASH's shares) to his attention would suffice.

Julian Wolhardt said, “I am delighted to become an RIFC shareholder. I have a long held love for Scotland and football and I am keen to see Rangers FC unlock its considerable commercial potential. With the successful restructuring of the retail operations, RIFC is now on a firm financial footing and I look forward to being a part of its exciting future.”

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/chairmans-welcome/

Edited by SteveC