BDO lose BTC appeal

Yep, Collyer Bristow (sp?) et al, I know. But as I wrote in the other thread, I assumed HMRC was a secured creditor, which seems not to be the case.

Yes and no, since we also didn't win while using the EBTs ... methinks there was an extenisve check on the trophies accumulated in that period and the "financial advantage" was not visible. Well, the Yahoos will probably argue it with their mantra "that we would have won all trophies out there had Rangers not cheated the game with players we couldn't afford ..."

HMRC aren't a secured creditor, they rank pari passu with other unsecured creditors.

As GS says, we won tons of trophies whilst using the EBT's. However, as I think you are trying to state, the number of trophies isn't the indicator - the indicator is "were they legal" and the answer is YES. So given we used a legal tax avoidance scheme I'm not sure how anyone can come after our titles.

Indeed, as you also say, we actually published that we were using EBT's whilst CFC hid theirs and didn't disclose in their financials or filings to the SFA. If anyone "cheated" it was Celtic as they didn't carry out their obligations properly whilst we actually did.

Still no word from the SPFL even although Topping gave the impression that the decision was made. They are either being sadistic by keeping everyone in suspense or they really trying to press out a loophole somewhere.

Still no word from the SPFL even although Topping gave the impression that the decision was made. They are either being sadistic by keeping everyone in suspense or they really trying to press out a loophole somewhere.

From the interview I was under the impression that they were done with loophole-search after the inquisition of said QC?

From the interview I was under the impression that they were done with loophole-search after the inquisition of said QC?

So did I but we are now again 4 days further and still no statement.

i don't think lawwell is on the SPFL board. I am pretty sure it is the SFA board. Are you not getting him mixed up with Topping who is standing down.

No he's standing down from the SPFL board. He'll still be part of the Professional Football board which is part of the SFA. The Contenders for 3 spots are Budge, Stewart Robertson, and Les someday (Accies?) + 1

No he's standing down from the SPFL board. He'll still be part of the Professional Football board which is part of the SFA. The Contenders for 3 spots are Budge, Stewart Robertson, and Les someday (Accies?) + 1

SPFL board could face major shake-up in 2017/18 election

Grant Russell Grant Russell

5 hours ago

All six club representatives could be new faces as league prepares for Monday's vote.

All change: Peter Lawwell is not standing for re-election to the SPFL board.

All change: Peter Lawwell is not standing for re-election to the SPFL board. SNS Group

All six slots reserved for clubs on the board of the Scottish Professional Football League could be occupied by new representatives in the 2017/18 season.

Monday's vote at Hampden will lead to at least four new faces, with Ann Budge and Ken Ferguson the only two current members standing for re-election.

Hearts owner Budge is up against officials from Dundee, Hamilton Academical and Rangers for one of the three positions reserved for Premiership clubs.

John Nelms, Les Gray and Stewart Robertson respectively are standing.

Peter Lawwell and Ian Maxwell, from Celtic and Partick Thistle respectively, are not standing for re-election.

In the Championship, two spots are reserved for club representatives.

Dumbarton's Les Hope, Martin Ritchie of Falkirk and Morton's Warren Hawke are standing, as is current board member Ken Ferguson, of Brechin City.

Following Hibernian's promotion to the Premiership, their chief executive Leeann Dempster is not standing as a return candidate.

Leagues One and Two share a solo representative. Ayr United's Graham Peterkin and Iain Dougan of Stranraer are standing.

The six appointees will join new chairman Murdoch MacLennan, chief executive Neil Doncaster and independent non-executive director Karyn McCluskey on the board.

Doncaster, Lawwell and Maxwell, together with Aberdeen's Duncan Fraser and Alloa Athletic's Mike Mulraney, will all serve as the SPFL's appointees to the Professional Game Board, which is operated by the Scottish FA.