FARE to target Rangers again?

Will sure be one impartial undercover-Yahoo, no doubt whatsoever. Same as in Eindhoven.

The Yahoos run amok in Europe with impunity, yet FARE look at us. Honestly, we should fight fire with fire here, if it comes to any actions.

Sadly enough, it was my admin over at the German board complaining to and providing UEFA with material some years back about their actions, rather than the 300 odd people on the various boards howling in disgust about the IRA-okes et al of the Yahoos in Europe, but fail to raise even a finger to become active.

The yahoos have been censured 30 odd times. We can do what we want uefa are toothless.

I think it's 11 or 12 but the point is well made.

However, UEFA are far from toothless, they can do just about anything they please, including barring both Clubs from selling us tickets as per Malmo after Eindhoven (though Malmo sold me a ticket online despite registering my Glasgow address, no questions asked). It's also worth remembering that further punishment was only suspended, though I would think that the suspension period has passed.

It doesn't really matter who reports us or what their motivation might be; if fans misbehave by singing songs that we all know are banned by UEFA, then we run the risk of similar punishments in future.

I'm sure most will concede that away from Ibrox the incidence of FTP/TBB etc has been increasing again and I fear for the effect of sun and drink in Luxembourg and Cyprus (if we get there). How ironic would be if after waiting 6 years, fans behaviour in Lux or Cyprus was such that we were banned from a subsequent match.

Let's hope all fans enjoy the forthcoming trip(s) and remember they are Ambassadors of the Club.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I may sometimes be an embarrassment to my family on Euro trips. But then I very rarely take my family with me on those trips.

A silly song will see us hammered. I don't sing those songs.

There is no doubt in my mind that the "campaign" will continue. They don't care if we succeed in Europe. They just don't want us to make any money while we're doing it.

That is what really scares them - that we might just get enough income which allows them to win a title that doesn't have an asterisk beside it.

Edited by boabie

I agree we need to fight fire with fire on this. We need to be all over them in Europe. Apply pressure and demand action when there songs are sung.

There are no winners here but we can make sure it's not just us who lose out.

They will do whatever they can to damage us.

The yahoos have been censured 30 odd times. We can do what we want uefa are toothless.

That would be presuming a consistency of approach to all clubs. That, however, is not the case. St Johnstone (I think it was) were fined more for one flag than the serial offenders, Celtic, were for all their PLO banners.