I think people are being harsh as he has been thrown out on the left and right wings which isnt his position at all. He has only played a handful of games as the link man between midfield and strikers and does it better than any other player at the club. Ferguson cant do it, yet he isnt a sitting midfielder either.

If we were to play him like this we would see a real difference adding new men on the wings:

______________McGregor______________

Hutton_____Weir______Ehiogu_____Smith

________Hemdani____Thomson________

Brown__________Buffel_______McCulloch

_______________Boyd______________

I think people are being harsh as he has been thrown out on the left and right wings which isnt his position at all. He has only played a handful of games as the link man between midfield and strikers and does it better than any other player at the club. Ferguson cant do it, yet he isnt a sitting midfielder either.

If we were to play him like this we would see a real difference adding new men on the wings:

______________McGregor______________

Hutton_____Weir______Ehiogu_____Smith

________Hemdani____Thomson________

Brown__________Buffel_______McCulloch

_______________Boyd______________

TBH Gribz, i'm a Fergie fan, you are not, you are a Buffel fan and i'm not, i'm still not sure about McCulloch either, but remember we have Gow to come in and he could do a job on the left :thup:

TBH Gribz, i'm a Fergie fan, you are not, you are a Buffel fan and i'm not, i'm still not sure about McCulloch either, but remember we have Gow to come in and he could do a job on the left :thup:

Im a Fergie fan to an extent Ian. When he gets his finger out (which to be far he has done since Walter came in bar the last few games) he is a great player, but he is inconsistant and doesnt get enough goals these days. I also dont like his way in dealing with things at times and seems to think he is immune to being subbed or dropped.

TBH when he was handed the captaincy was the day he changed. He takes on too much responsiblilty and wants to dictate too much.

I 200% think he will still be a Gers player next season - theres no doubt about that, but id be interested to see how we performed without him.

Im a Fergie fan to an extent Ian. When he gets his finger out (which to be far he has done since Walter came in bar the last few games) he is a great player, but he is inconsistant and doesnt get enough goals these days. I also dont like his way in dealing with things at times and seems to think he is immune to being subbed or dropped.

TBH when he was handed the captaincy was the day he changed. He takes on too much responsiblilty and wants to dictate too much.

I 200% think he will still be a Gers player next season - theres no doubt about that, but id be interested to see how we performed without him.

Maybe if we had agood strong team i'd have a different opinion, but right now he's the only player that plays for the jersey, maybe because he's a Gers fan he tends to try too much as he will be feeling the same pain as we the fans are feeling, IMO if every other player played with his attitude he would be less scrutinised and be able to just get on with his game

Maybe if we had agood strong team i'd have a different opinion, but right now he's the only player that plays for the jersey, maybe because he's a Gers fan he tends to try too much as he will be feeling the same pain as we the fans are feeling, IMO if every other player played with his attitude he would be less scrutinised and be able to just get on with his game

But in doing this he is over doing it. I do see what your saying about him but its not just once or twice he is taking the ball off his own players and shouting at them - its every game. Surely he has to take a new approach. Its not just the poor players he is taking the ball from either, I remember Hearts away this season when Hemdani did a great bit of work at the back and broke out of defence only for Ferguson to run up to him put his hand on Hemdanis chest and stop him and took the ball off him - i couldnt believe it.

Also quite a lot of fans were excited by Kevin Thomsons arrival but he has been poor for a 2 million pound player. We have to ask why. Cant he fit in the same side as Ferguson and Hemdani or hasnt he settled etc?

I just think there is more behind the scenes than we know and BF has a role in this.

But in doing this he is over doing it. I do see what your saying about him but its not just once or twice he is taking the ball off his own players and shouting at them - its every game. Surely he has to take a new approach. Its not just the poor players he is taking the ball from either, I remember Hearts away this season when Hemdani did a great bit of work at the back and broke out of defence only for Ferguson to run up to him put his hand on Hemdanis chest and stop him and took the ball off him - i couldnt believe it.

Also quite a lot of fans were excited by Kevin Thomsons arrival but he has been poor for a 2 million pound player. We have to ask why. Cant he fit in the same side as Ferguson and Hemdani or hasnt he settled etc?

I just think there is more behind the scenes than we know and BF has a role in this.

Maybe if Buffel would push players out of the way to get the ball he'd be a better player, but i tend to think he'd hide, but i do see what you're saying, as for Thomson........well i was never that keen on him in the first place, but i hope he proves me wrong :thup:

As been said before, the guy is a hider. He isn't the type of player to come out fighting and nick you a goal. I'd much rather see him moved on and put his wage to better use.

Oh and as for the team with him in behind Boyd.....

Boyd can't play up front on his own!!!!!!!!!!

As been said before, the guy is a hider. He isn't the type of player to come out fighting and nick you a goal. I'd much rather see him moved on and put his wage to better use.

Oh and as for the team with him in behind Boyd.....

Boyd can't play up front on his own!!!!!!!!!!

Boyd cant play upfront full stop :D

But seriously he cant play upfront on his own when the link between midfield and strikers is non exsistant but a Buffel type player to set him up would be different.

Buffel-Koevermans swap may go Dutch

by Thomas Jordan

RANGERS could land AZ Alkmaar star Danny Koevermans - if Walter Smith is prepared to allow Thomas Buffel to move in the opposite direction.

The Ibrox side are thought to be weighing up a move for the powerful attacker in the summer, but granting midfielder Buffel permission to head in the opposite direction could help seal the deal.

Koevermans has taken the Dutch league by storm this season and it would take around �£2m to tempt coach Louis van Gaal to part company with the player.

With Dado Prso retiring at the end of the season, and Smith already keen to bolster his strikerforce before hearing that news, finding fresh options up front is one of his main priorities.

advertisement

With Prso gone, Smith has only Kris Boyd, Nacho Novo and Filip Sebo to call upon. Sebo's future is still in doubt and he is expected to be moved on after proving to be an expensive failure from Frenchman Paul Le Guen's reign.

Novo has been used more as a wide player this season and, with Alan Gow already secured on a Bosman from Falkirk, Smith knows he still needs two new strikers.

Koevermans is being sold on a move to Ibrox by team-mate Shota Arveladze. He said: "Rangers are a great club and I have heard enough positive stories about them from Shota.

"He told me about the fantastic time he had there. I'm happy at AZ, but you never know - we'll wait and see."

Any deal, however, could hinge on whether Alkmaar are allowed to take Buffel.

Van Gaal has been an admirer of the Belgian since his Feyenoord days and it has been hinted he would be happy to lose his top attacker if Buffel helps soften the blow.

It's also believed Smith wouldn't be too upset to see Buffel, signed by Alex McLeish in 2005, move on.

He almost sealed a switch to German side Hannover 96 in the January transfer window, but decided he didn't want to join a new club before he was fully fit. He is believed to be keen to kick-start his career in a new league next term.

And that could also be one of the reasons why he won't feature again for the Ibrox side this season.

Buffel will return to light training this week after being out since early February with a knee injury which required surgery.

Smith said: "Thomas is coming along well. He had the operation on his knee in Belgium and spent some time there recuperating.

"But he will be back training with us at Murray Park later this week and continue his rehabilitation.

"It will be next season, however, before he is playing again and back with us in the squad."

Personally i don't see AZ wanting Buffel as i think they have better in Dembele and Martins but you never know.