Rangers v St Johnstone friendly - 3pm today

You have absolutely no idea if that is the incident being spoken about though.

Fair enough, I'll apologise if not, but it just sounds/looks like the 'PC arguing with fans' debacle, when in fact he was just talking and apologising.

I usually don't care about the results of these games, and although the result doesn't concern, the fact that we've now gone 5 games (?) without scoring is really annoying me. I like the intensity, the defensive organisation, but it doesn't matter if we can't score goals.

Can't be 5 surely as we won 1-0 at home to the European powerhouse, Progres whatstheirname.

Edited by craig

Fair enough, I'll apologise if not, but it just sounds/looks like the 'PC arguing with fans' debacle, when in fact he was just talking and apologising.

I'm not saying you are wrong bud, but he could have moaned at the ref for a challenge AND berated the manager as a fraud. They don't need to be one incident or the other.

Can't be 5 surely as we won 1-0 at home to the European powerhouse, Progres whatstheirname.

Even if, thats still 1 goal in 5? How many minutes have Morealos and Herrera had?

I quite like the idea of 4 real midfielders in the same team also but we need to work out a system where we still get a bit of width or creativity in the final third. I just think a back 4 is going out of fashion at the moment. Ive always been a 3-5-2 fan even when it was unpopular but it just seems the way to go at the moment.

You need the players in defence to play a 3-5-2 and, indeed, a proper holding midfielder.

Who would we play as the 3 at the back ? We aren't blessed for speed there and I could see us getting ripped apart down the flanks.

I like the 3-5-2 as well, but only if you have the personnel for it.

I agree with Craig: I don't think we have the centre-backs for a back-three. I like the formation too, but perhaps not for us at this time.

I think the width has to come from the full-backs, which is not that unusual. I loved the AC Milan side that played a 4-4-2 diamond, with midfielders that didn't play with; the width coming from their full-backs. My only worry is that Wallace and Tavernier have been rather poor with their crossing thus far - might be better with 2 up front, as it was today?

Which is telling because Kranjcar has been around the block.

Doesn't bode well. The warning signs have been there a while that his "system", despite Big Jaws (I think) lengthy post yesterday, simply isn't working and players haven't a clue what is expected of them. I once read an article about Messi and his football upbringing and the article extolled the virtues of just allowing kids to play, in essence, "organized chaos. However, at professional levels, organized chaos inevitably results in simply chaos.

The writing is on the wall which is unfortunate - and that conclusion isn't arrived at because of a friendly defeat behind closed doors - however, some of these players do come with a good pedigree - so in the event we have to get rid we should still be able to get plenty out of them with a manager that knows what he is doing.

The more I hear, the less I want Pedro to remain - and I say that as someone who has firmly been in the "needs time" camp.

Sad times indeed - and whoever was responsible for his recruitment should be absolutely NOWHERE near the next appointment selection.

it is telling: telling you what you want to hear.

Stay calm and stop acting like an amateur thesp.

If everybody runs to one side of the boat, it is likely to capsize.

So show some balls, and independence of mind, and try to avoid fits of the vapours.

it is telling: telling you what you want to hear.

Stay calm and stop acting like an amateur thesp.

If everybody runs to one side of the boat, it is likely to capsize.

So show some balls, and independence of mind, and try to avoid fits of the vapours.

giphy.gif

I agree with Craig: I don't think we have the centre-backs for a back-three. I like the formation too, but perhaps not for us at this time.

I think the width has to come from the full-backs, which is not that unusual. I loved the AC Milan side that played a 4-4-2 diamond, with midfielders that didn't play with; the width coming from their full-backs. My only worry is that Wallace and Tavernier have been rather poor with their crossing thus far - might be better with 2 up front, as it was today?

I would say we have the right centre backs for it. There is two ways of playing a back 3. You have the 3 central defenders just doing what they know or you play a 2 like a normal system then the sweeper inbetween who goes behind and infront. Almost the opposite of a free role striker. But the 3 definitely must know what their roles are. Im sure Alves, Wilson and Cardoso could play as a 3.

I dont even think Wallace and Tav need to be the wing backs, maybe just one and when defending he makes up a 4th defender plus we would have a holding midfielder back there. Wallace for me has been poor of late and he wouldnt make my starting XI at the moment.