"where there is Scottish football, there's Sportsound".

"where there is Scottish football, there's Sportsound".

It's the new Beeb Scotland strapline for football coverage. They launched it yesterday, a pro-mo for their presence at ra Stydome this coming Wednesday. A n upbeat blast of trumpets, followed by a jaunty samba beat; then the voice over promises Pat Bonner, Tom English, and Scott McDonald. The next night sees full coverage of Aberdeen's challenge against Cypriot opposition. It begins and ends with, "where there is Scottish football, there's Sportsound".

I am sure Gersnetters can spot the flaw in such an arrogant strap line?

A week past on Saturday, Chic Young was dispatched to Sellik Park for a pre-season friendly against Lyon. Hugh MacDonald and Chris McLaughlin attended too. We received a build up piece, a half time report, and two goal updates in the second half. I didn't hear a full time report, or the further two goals updates either; maybe the full time score of Sellik 0 - Lyon 4 was off message? Hugh MacDonald joined Dr Stu' and Tam Cowan to wax lyrical about ra Sellik's new French signing.

This Saturday, Rangers played Marseille and there was NO coverage, not even the score. So, "where there is Scottish football, there's Sportsound" has proved to be a lie.

Obviously, all those Rangers supporting licence fee payers are NOT part of the Scottish football family when the club plays at Ibrox. Perhaps, Donalda MacKinnon can explain?

When Donalda was appointed, Cosgrove was waxing on about how well he knew her on the wireless. I understand it was a heads in hands moment for those running things at Pacific Quay

Edited by colinstein

Unfortunately if you use a television there is no escaping the Biased Broadcasting Cartel fee.

Not only that it makes me mad to think what the likes of Linekar,Evans etc. get in salaries from license payers.

Unfortunately if you use a television there is no escaping the Biased Broadcasting Cartel fee.

Not only that it makes me mad to think what the likes of Linekar,Evans etc. get in salaries from license payers.

I still don't and never have understood the license fee? It's a complete rip off and everyone should refuse to pay it.

Being forced to pay for something you potentially don't want or use (BBC channels) If you don't pay then they send the boys round to collect. That sounds like a protection racket to me?

On top of all that they then broadcast their biased ramblings and Rangers hating over the airwaves for us to suffer!

Like having your house robbed and them leaving their mhank supporting mother in law to cook you dinner!!

Edited by cooponthewing

I still don't and never have understood the license fee? It's a complete rip off and everyone should refuse to pay it.

Being forced to pay for something you potentially don't want or use (BBC channels) If you don't pay then they send the boys round to collect. That sounds like a protection racket to me?

On top of all that they then broadcast their biased ramblings and Rangers hating over the airwaves for us to suffer!

Like having your house robbed and them leaving their mhank supporting mother in law to cook you dinner!!

I suppose that depends what they stole and how good the mother in law can cook whether it is good or bad.:)

Particularly enjoyed Phil Goodlad and Chris on GMS this morning discussing if the CAS could open an investigation into this.

Well, no Phil, that's not possible as the SPL didn't want Rangers to be able to appeal any title-stripping, so that's why the judgement was binding.

When Donalda was appointed, Cosgrove was waxing on about how well he knew her on the wireless. I understand it was a heads in hands moment for those running things at Pacific Quay

She's well known by everyone in broadcasting in Scotland mate, and, for what it's worth, she's very highly thought-off.

If the proposed changes to Radio Scotland are implemented then all music shows will leave to create a new DAB station leaving Radio Scotland as we know it to focus entirely on news, current affairs and sport. Sport will have more airtime and more prominence on the station. Whether it will get anymore resources is still unknown. It's in both Rangers and the BBC's interests to fix this. I'm not sure whether there's a will on either part to do this though.