Yesmith or Naismith?

I think he offers something different and could do a good job for us but time will tell whether we can afford him and if Pedro wants him.

Reports on whether we want him or have had any contact with him differs from one ITK( In the Know) person to the other. Some say yes and some say no. A so called family member says there has been contact and some say it is inevitable but for me I will wait and see what happens. If he keeps scoring then maybe Norwich won't let him go.

Edited by pete

If Pedro doesn't work out and is gone after 6 games of the season due to a poor start the new manager is going to need players who didn't come simply for PC - that's where the Dorrans and Jack signings are good plus probably Alves is experienced enough to accept footballing decisions. That's the only avenue I can go down for Naismith being a Rangers player again however I don't want to see him signing. If it happens it happens and I wont drop to being a Boo-boy but Id hardly be getting his name on the back of my shirt.

A few days ago we had some sort of an apology from him on a thread.Was this so called apology done through a newspaper ?.

I'd may be think just a wee bit more about him if he did the same as when he left and did the apology in front of the cameras.

I think we may get that. But only during interview AFTER we signed him.

The boy isn't stupid. He'll know fine well that sections of our support wouldn't accept him unless he made a full and frank statement explaining what he meant when he said what he said.

For my own part, I know a little from the inside about what went on with Naismith and the others and I don't blame them for walking to the door. That doesn't mean though that I agree with what they said at the time.

Just over 2000 votes so far with 79% in favour and 17% against....

Still not convinced it will happen but it seems the majority are prepared to let bygones be bygones.

Also the line about 'there has been no clarity over what Charles Green did with the money' deserves some kind of award as understatement of the year!

To be fair to the article's author, I had to tone down his thoughts due to possible legal issues.

Mr Green's lawyers have not been slow to get in touch in the past.

I think we may get that. But only during interview AFTER we signed him.

The boy isn't stupid. He'll know fine well that sections of our support wouldn't accept him unless he made a full and frank statement explaining what he meant when he said what he said.

For my own part, I know a little from the inside about what went on with Naismith and the others and I don't blame them for walking to the door. That doesn't mean though that I agree with what they said at the time.

Green was desperate for them to go. Of course he couldnt say that or he could have been in trouble but it was clear enough.

No not for me and its not because of what he said when he left either. I just want to emphasise that Rangers is not a retirement home for old players. That may seem slightly ironic since Bruno Alves, Kenny Miller and Clint Hill(from last season) are in the twilight of their careers. Clint was arguably our best performer last season, Kenny did enough for the fans to ensure another year contract and Bruno is quite clearly still an exceptional player who has played at the highest level of football. I know, I know he's only 30 but still I think he's past it because Naismith on the other hand hasn't really done much in the last year or more albeit with what was thought to be a mid table EPL team which turns out they weren't and were relegated back to the Championship from whence they came. He was signed by the Canaries in the Jan window of 2016 and started brightly but ultimately he was a flop with them. He's been wearing out the seat of his shorts on the bench since. So no thanks I think we could find someone less controversial, younger with fresher legs and perhaps more of a prospect.

When ever there is a difficult moment or a position needs filled the Rangers support often site old players or people who have previous connections with the club... it needs to stop! Its time the Rangers support stood on its own two feet and stopped running back to our Da for help.

Naismith is only 30 and he was performing to a high level in the EPL not long ago. Compare that to the lower league dross we normally have.