Mad Joe writes to Regan again.

I don't agree there. This deserves absolutely no recognition at all. Let's not help to make a story out of it, but that's exactly what certain hacks will want to happen.

A story WILL be made out of it though, that's the problem. It's not difficult for the SFA to stand their ground & a token response is all that's required - maybe even throw it back at them..."Are you REALLY questioning one of Scotland's leading QC's??"

The whole thing needs dealt with once & for all by the SFA & SPFL, otherwise it will fester on & on. Ultimately, both bodies have made their position clear already, but a direct response shutting down this guys "issues" is definitely required.

I also think that the RFC lawyers should be looking closely are is accusations & taking action is needs be.

A story WILL be made out of it though, that's the problem. It's not difficult for the SFA to stand their ground & a token response is all that's required - maybe even throw it back at them..."Are you REALLY questioning one of Scotland's leading QC's??"

The whole thing needs dealt with once & for all by the SFA & SPFL, otherwise it will fester on & on. Ultimately, both bodies have made their position clear already, but a direct response shutting down this guys "issues" is definitely required.

I also think that the RFC lawyers should be looking closely are is accusations & taking action is needs be.

That's fair. Celtic should be encouraged to distance themselves from this, because I noticed in the laws of the SPFL, it is against the rules to criticise another members in a manner that brings the game into disrepute. Looks like we just need to enforce the laws that exist for this type of thing.

Huh? I know it's a generalization but if you don't live here you aren't witnessing this phenomenon. I did say most. Maybe it's the ones that are the most vocal.

I've spent a considerable part of my life in the US, owned businesses there and still have many relatives across the country. We all have opinions but what you're trying to say is such cliché'd nonsense it would've been better kept to yourself.

I've spent a considerable part of my life in the US, owned businesses there and still have many relatives across the country. We all have opinions but what you're trying to say is such cliché'd nonsense it would've been better kept to yourself.

Disagree. We can all have different opinions as you say but I've been here since '74 and owned my own business also. Maybe it's the state I've spent most of my time in or maybe I didn't verbalize my opinion well enough. What I've experienced is that most Americans are patriotic to a fault; never seeing anything their country does as even being allowed to be questioned even when it's obvious that the actions are faulty.

Again, maybe it's the people who talk the loudest and the people in power at the moment but there is a thick line of hypocrisy here. They claim to be the bastion of democracy and freedom but its quickly turning into something very different. A bit of humility is always good.

I'm sorry to report guys, but this goes much deeper than any of us suspected.

Listen to what this loon on Kiddyfiddler St has to say --

" The match-fixing claim has been made by people who are jumping to conclusions. Far more likely is documentary evidence having been uncovered about the ties, long suspected and all but confirmed, between Murray and BoS chief Gavin Masterton. These include claims that clubs in debt to BoS had to sell players to Rangers cheaply on BoS instructions, clubs who had to go all-seating being compelled (or persuaded!) to use Murray's steel for construction, and the Calderwood connection admitted by the DOB himself.

On match-fixing, who knows? What I do know is that a late, great friend of mine who was drinking buddies with Jimmy Nichol told me that Nichol told him as the season neared its end that if "Rangers need goals, Rangers will get goals"! My pal called me the day before the games to tell me not to get my hopes up, that Dunfermline would be playing in their flip-flops. For one brief moment, when Brewster equalised, I prayed he was wrong. More fool me. "

The game's up lads ! :flute:

" The match-fixing claim has been made by people who are jumping to conclusions. Far more likely is documentary evidence having been uncovered about the ties, long suspected and all but confirmed, between Murray and BoS chief Gavin Masterton. These include claims that clubs in debt to BoS had to sell players to Rangers cheaply on BoS instructions, clubs who had to go all-seating being compelled (or persuaded!) to use Murray's steel for construction, and the Calderwood connection admitted by the DOB himself.

On match-fixing, who knows? What I do know is that a late, great friend of mine who was drinking buddies with Jimmy Nichol told me that Nichol told him as the season neared its end that if "Rangers need goals, Rangers will get goals"! My pal called me the day before the games to tell me not to get my hopes up, that Dunfermline would be playing in their flip-flops. For one brief moment, when Brewster equalised, I prayed he was wrong. More fool me. "

The game's up lads ! :flute:[/quote

These lunatics appear to be indefatigable. If they can't get Rangers on EBTs, or on match fixing (the weekend's allegations), they will try

conspiracy to defraud, and extortion.

Next week: the role of David Murray and EBTs in the Rwandan genocide.

The game's up lads ! :flute:

This will be anecdotal evidence I know however there are, I'm fairly confident, BOS and RBS ties through at least two people that I know of from their side. Why wouldn't there be in the business world?

My cousin married a lass whose father was a BOS chief at the time that the reign of Fergus McCann was beginning to take shape. At the reception there were two guests on the brides side namely one Dominic Keane and another fella named Brian Dempsey who were close personal friends and associates of her father. Keane didn't say too much, although very plausible, but we had quite a lengthy chat with Dempsey at our table who was surprisingly frank about various issues that we had with their situation at that time. Spurred on by the pitch of our questions he spoke about the interconnected relationships those on the higher rungs of the Scottish business world have with each other and how important those relationships are for each others survival (at that time it was about their survival). It was clear from the discussion what their intention was for their club and to what extent Murray and by proxy Rangers part in the situation would be in order to help stabilize an untenable, from their perspective, developing situation. it was described to us by Dempsey as an absolute necessity that they maintain that relationship and work together after he and his associates had succeed. Nothing of what he said seemed in the slightest out of kilter from a business perspective and it was also obvious to us from the reasoned yet passionate arguments that his credibility or commitment to his club and to the above mentioned business agreements were genuine. He said something that, to me at least, was obvious and that these Joe O'Rourkes either don't, cant or simply refuse to understand. He said 'We both need each other'. As far as a rivalry and also the business world of entertainment is concerned I find that very difficult to argue against.

EDIT: Keane however went on to have a somewhat chequered future at Livingston when he had some issues in 2009 with Haughey and McGuinness the lottery winner. The original lone however came from RBS.

Edited by Big Jaws