The topsy-turvy world of Tom English

The BBC Scotland sportsound team pander to the lowest common denominator of our sport. Like our best players, our best journo's are snapped up down south and we are left with utter dross up here. It's a great article Frankie but it's almost lose lose, keeping these guys relevant in this click bait world of 'journalism'. I have never once read an article by Spiers, English or the bald speccy one that actually talked about football and tactics. I could take that sort of analytical criticism if we were told we were conceding goals because player X wasn't doing what he should have. However, my bet is they don't know much about that side of the game and in fact didn't Spiers come out and say he didn't know much about tactics. Why are you a football journalist then? It'll get worse before it gets better

The BBC Scotland sportsound team pander to the lowest common denominator of our sport. Like our best players, our best journo's are snapped up down south and we are left with utter dross up here. It's a great article Frankie but it's almost lose lose, keeping these guys relevant in this click bait world of 'journalism'. I have never once read an article by Spiers, English or the bald speccy one that actually talked about football and tactics. I could take that sort of analytical criticism if we were told we were conceding goals because player X wasn't doing what he should have. However, my bet is they don't know much about that side of the game and in fact didn't Spiers come out and say he didn't know much about tactics. Why are you a football journalist then? It'll get worse before it gets better

I'm always in two minds discussing these people as it appeals to their brass neck and ego. However, if we don't expose their imbalance and incompetency then we're leaving ourselves short.

The situation between RFC and the BBC is shameful.

Good article Frankie.

Does Richard Wilson still work at BBC Scotland?

Never read anything of his for a while.

Richard Wilson remains employed by BBC Scotland.

As stated above, Gordon, English, Wullie Miller, and Jum Spence were all at Dens Park for the second Dundee derby in a week. They stopped broadcasting circa 22.15hrs.

Now, reports are flooding the media of Dundee United Chair, Stephen Thompson was assaulted in the corridor outside the Boardroom, "he was bowled to the floor in front of his wife and kid". Do not be alarmed Gersnetters, dearest Stephen got back on his feet and safely returned to the Dens Park Boardroom. All of the above are present at Dens, Spence lives in the tunnels, corridors, and technical areas of grounds(not Ibrox) and BBC Scotland do not report on the incident? I suspect they were all awaiting the accepted line(spin) on the incident before reporting.

Police are involved, thus allow me to report in a Beeb Scotland manner : Arabs Chief, Stephen Thompson courageously defended both his wife and child against a rabid assault carried out by jackboot clad assailant screaming, 'no surrender'. Police Scotland are refusing to rule out a sectarian motive in such a cowardly assault. BBC Scotland reporter, Jum Spence empathised with the latest victim, "I was shouted at from across the road because I was an altar boy". Police Scotland are appealing for witnesses.

That's a great point. I don't think any of these so-called football writers actually understand anything tactically in the game. This is why they continue to (if pushed) refer to formations, or possession (including shots on target). Football is so much more than that, and perhaps it's just passed them by. Perhaps they are luddites in the purest sense. Perhaps they need our game to stagnate so that it doesn't leave them behind. Too late!

That's a great point. I don't think any of these so-called football writers actually understand anything tactically in the game. This is why they continue to (if pushed) refer to formations, or possession (including shots on target). Football is so much more than that, and perhaps it's just passed them by. Perhaps they are luddites in the purest sense. Perhaps they need our game to stagnate so that it doesn't leave them behind. Too late!

Another perfect example of it is today's ludicrous article about Tierney being the best Scottish footballer in the last 40 year. Utter nonsense. How does that even get published seriously. The boys a fine player, but articles like that are horrendous.

Spiers is the worst for actual football knowledge. Pundits on the radio or tv are there to tell the audience stuff we don't know. Sportsound have never done that!

Another perfect example of it is today's ludicrous article about Tierney being the best Scottish footballer in the last 40 year. Utter nonsense. How does that even get published seriously. The boys a fine player, but articles like that are horrendous.

Spiers is the worst for actual football knowledge. Pundits on the radio or tv are there to tell the audience stuff we don't know. Sportsound have never done that!

Haha, that's a cracker. Where was that drivel written?

Does the boycott of Ibrox by the BBC affect the amount of TV money Rangers are entitled to at the end of the season? Surely a BBC boycott of games from Ibrox is hitting BBC Scotland financially since we are by far and away the best supported team in Scotland in terms of viewing figures?