Rangers 2 Hibernian 3 (Morelos, Tavernier).

The ref cost us the game. Nothing else was a factor.

Even though I was disappointed at losing their first goal, I tend to agree. It was even at the point of the sending off and I would still fancy our chances from that point.

I need to see some footage of the Stokes/Tavernier incident and whatever Jack got sent off for. Anybody able to provide a link?

Some observations about the football: Lots of clearances from Cardoso went straight to Hibernian players. Apart from that we did well to get a second given that Hibernian were in control after the sending off.

The ref cost us the game. Nothing else was a factor.

The sending off was a big factor yes, but I've seen Rangers teams win with 10 men. We won a cup final with 9! We failed to organise ourselves after the sending off and lost a quick second goal.

I will also say Cardoso also had a nightmare of a game. Why the F did he go to ground at the first Hibs goal. Even after that he got nowhere near Murray.

Maybe that is the reason why Murray is now at Hibs and no longer with the Arabs? McLaren said so and it was noted elsewhere, they are a well drilled counter attacking team and Murray is one of their main threats. How would I have wished if some of our defenders / DMs would have given him a fair bit of treatment, worked wonders with the likes of Templeton and even McKay.

EDIT: Murray was very aware of Tav moving forward and exploited that open area rather well.

I wager that both Hodson and Cardoso went off with injuries or the like, since both were subjected to some nasty tackles.

In any case ... every such game is a step on the learning curve for the team and the new players. I'm happy that they have faced a side of Hibs "quality" now and not have played lesser teams and then happen unto Aberdeen or the Scum.

On a sidenote ... given what happened today I wouldn't mind having a Naismith on the bench, for clever runs and good passes would have served us well in the second half, as Pena doesn't look fit just yet and Naismith would sure be close enough to Herrera to pick balls up.

Edited by der Berliner

The sending off was a big factor yes, but I've seen Rangers teams win with 10 men. We won a cup final with 9! We failed to organise ourselves after the sending off and lost a quick second goal.

That last sentence is true.

Each game is different though. Hibs got a lucky break with their 2nd and the way they played suited them, with us being down to 10 and we also had to open up ... and they exploited the spaces.

Edited by der Berliner

I wager that both Hodson and Cardoso went off with injuries or the like, since both were subjected to some nasty tackles.

I'll wager that Hodson went off because he was the weakest player in the team.

I'll also wager that Cardoso played the full 90.

I'll wager that Hodson went off because he was the weakest player in the team.

I'll also wager that Cardoso played the full 90.

Always snipping at heels ...

But yes, it was Candeias, my wise friend. As for Hodson, your opinion is as good as mine.

Edited by der Berliner