Rangers 2 Hibernian 3 (Morelos, Tavernier).

And if anyone even needed some kind of confirmation about today....

We left the stadium and I couldn't even talk to the wife (most know she is a Hibs fan) because I was so livid at the refs performance.

And as we are walking to the car the wee fella and I are talking about how bad the ref was and completely unassisted the wife say (now remember she is a Hibs fan).... "I can't believe how biased that ref was against Rangers. It was ridiculous".

There should be outrage every time it happens though, otherwise you can't make change.

The Tims got the officials on their side a few years ago with the "questions must be asked" statements about the impartiality of refs - and are still reaping the rewards today.

there has been plenty said about ridiculous refereeing though

there is nothing significent about this particular decision,

in fact we've seen way worse including a full studs up into the chest of a Rangers player and nothing was given, may have been Stirling albion away when their manger went on his honeymoon and left the training cone in charge

Edited by jhunter

I maybe just didn't want to believe it before, but at least previously it wasn't done so blatantly, well not that I could tell anyway. I put it down to poor refereeing. Today however has not necessarily changed my mind about previous instances, but it's certainly made me aware that it now exists. I'm furious and absolutely gutted at the same time. I don't want to accept that this is part of the game up here.

prophetic words

in fact we've seen way worse including a full studs up into the chest of a Rangers player and nothing was given, may have been Stirling albion away when their manger went on his honeymoon and left the training cone in charge

I agree there have been many terrible decisions in the past, but the reason there was a significant difference today was because it was not just one or two bad decisions. There were lots of them, and all very obvious ones. It was as if he was looking for any reason (and sometimes didn't even need a reason) to give an advantage to Hibs. You may think I've been naive in the past, and that's been said before, but I really didn't think it was a major problem before. It is now though.

Even bookmakers must be examining bets after that. Surely that's the sort of thing that raises suspicions!?!

I think we will have to agree to disagree my friend.

Other than the ridiculous sending off of Halliday for fist pumping a Rangers goal today was the worst refereeing performance I have EVER seen. You get some terrible decisions but today really didn't look like a ref having an off day - it looked like a ref attempting, and succeeding, in influencing the result in a particular direction.

I think we will have to agree to disagree my friend.

Other than the ridiculous sending off of Halliday for fist pumping a Rangers goal today was the worst refereeing performance I have EVER seen. You get some terrible decisions but today really didn't look like a ref having an off day - it looked like a ref attempting, and succeeding, in influencing the result in a particular direction.

halliday was ordered off for celebrating a goal 50 yards from anyone else

i'm not having that this atrocious performance was anything new or to be shocked about

its a symptom of a system that we collectively have acquiesced to

the assaults on the Rangers staff at the cup final should have been the watershed moment and nary a fuck was given

Edited by jhunter

But didn't we get a player sent off (2nd yellow) for celebrating a goal with a fist-pump in the centre circle, directed towards our own fans??? Unless I'm mistaken, the Hibs fans were no where near the full direction the Lemon was gesturing.....

And unless he has giants on his bench, he was sure not looking at his own folk.

halliday was ordered off for celebrating a goal 50 yards from anyone else

i'm not having that this atrocious performance was anything new or to be shocked about

its a symptom of a system that we collectively have acquiesced to

the assaults on the Rangers staff at the cup final should have been the watershed moment and nary a fuck was given

But nobody on here thinks it was something new. And probably few will be overly shocked by it.

But IMHO they SHOULD be shocked because, as I said previously, this one didn't look like just an inept performance, it really did look like trying to prevent Rangers from winning. That, to me, is a completely new perspective.

The rest I won't disagree with - the Cup Final SHOULD have been a watershed but we saw the "sweep sweep" of Scottish football - but as the "recipients" of such disgusting behaviors we should surely highlight such things at every given opportunity - if nothing else than to let the disgust be registered. If we don't then we will never, ever receive anything different. We have to hold them accountable. By simply brushing it off as "service as normal" allows it to continue to fester unabated.