Rangers fan hit with hefty fine after sending racist tweet to Celtic star Dembele

'

Just a wee warning to watch what you say online. You never know who is lurking.'

What I hope you mean is don't be a racist fuckwit.

Racist fuckwits deserve all they get. The problem however is you don't have to be a racist fuckwit to be accused of being a racist fuckwit.

Regarding the racist comment, anyone who recalls the Bobo Balde song around 15 years ago will know where that comment came from. Idiotic, to say the least but I recall quite a few singing it then.

The lad has been punished, so hopefully others will learn from it (although I won't hold me breath) and we can get on with supporting Rangers .

Shame there is no such thing as freedom of speech in this country any more. The only obscenity here is the wages the likes of Sinclair get paid. Haven't the courts & police got real criminals to deal with?

Shame there is no such thing as freedom of speech in this country any more. The only obscenity here is the wages the likes of Sinclair get paid. Haven't the courts & police got real criminals to deal with?

There never has been, so "any more" is inappropriate. There have always been things it is a crime to say. Some times these have been for political or religious reasons and amounted to no more than censorship against opposition to those in power, but sometimes they were/are to prevent abuse that goes far beyond the pale and is not connected to the cause of free speech. This: "sent an offensive message about the striker which said he "peeled bananas with his feet"" falls into the latter category and I find it astonishing that anyone would think that it is not an obscenity.

Edited by SteveC