Rangers should speak up over bizarre refereeing

The club are in a difficult position....If they speak up, they will be taken to task by the authorities, if they don't it will be the fans they answer to.

I am pretty sure that the club will be pursuing answers etc through the correct channels, and out of the medial spotlight. This, however will not please the RFC fan base though.

IF the club comment publicly on what is happening, they MUST chose their words very wisely. This is where Club1872 comes into it's own....it is free from from the SFA/SPFL grasp, they don't fall under their authority & can therefore make public comment where the club can not....and have already done so. The flip side of this is that they can't directly force anything to happen, but at least they can make the views public.

Absolutely Darther! You're also correct that Club 1872 may not be able to directly effect change. However there is no reason why they cannot be positioned as a focal point, or spearhead, for any discussion or action/s in taking us forward.

Absolutely Darther! You're also correct that Club 1872 may not be able to directly effect change. However there is no reason why they cannot be positioned as a focal point, or spearhead, for any discussion or action/s in taking us forward.

Totally....as I said they are not under the jurisdiction of the SFA/SPFL, so they cannot be punished for speaking out. They can be the voice that the club can't use.

This has turned into a PR disaster tbh. The focus on lennon has become a smoke screen for what really went on on sat. The media has circled the wagons round him and changed the narrative. The highlights on the bbc are a complete white wash,dont show the flying close line on Morelos, the foul on Peña or any of the fouls by the hibs midfielder(no 10). I know people who have watched the bbc highlights and dont think it is as bad as im saying. There is no other footage available other than behind a paywall on RTV, their 12 min extended highlights should be released on youtube to allow us to point out the injustice that was perpetrated on Saturday

This has turned into a PR disaster tbh. The focus on lennon has become a smoke screen for what really went on on sat. The media has circled the wagons round him and changed the narrative. The highlights on the bbc are a complete white wash,dont show the flying close line on Morelos, the foul on Peña or any of the fouls by the hibs midfielder(no 10). I know people who have watched the bbc highlights and dont think it is as bad as im saying. There is no other footage available other than behind a paywall on RTV, their 12 min extended highlights should be released on youtube to allow us to point out the injustice that was perpetrated on Saturday

Agree with all that. The need to say something is leading to us saying the wrong things at the wrong time and often saying too much. Re Lennon we could have very easily put the authorities on the spot yesterday and today by saying the club was not being supported in its attempts to stamp out bad behaviour because officials were not seen to be acting appropriately. That would have headed off the subsequent (and inevitable) Lennon threats at the pass in terms of how they reflect on the club.

A simple statement requesting a meeting with the SFA to discuss Saturdays refereeing performance (which they are probably speaking to them about anyway) would have reassured the fans and also set down a marker. I am not clear who is running PR at the club but the board need to sort it out as it's not good and a lot if the work done by King and others on other areas is being undermined. I assume Stewart Robertson has a leadership role somewhere in this.

Yep, our PR performance here has been woeful.

Not for the first time JT has let us down. I penny for King's thoughts this morning as he was at the game.

Celtic would have been all over the papers by now. a statement by Liewell and Brown. All the old press friends would also be having their say,English, Provan and the rest. They would have dragged up a load of old players to pump up the volume. With us you can hear the birds sing in the silence.