Anybody else think he gives the ball away too often? He does have the craft to win it back though.

I don't think he has a killer pass in his locker...why did we sign him? Rossiter is far better player at 20.

Ryan Jack loses the ball too many times in my opinion.

Edit: In losing the ball I mean misplaces passes.

Edited by Bearman

Anybody else think he gives the ball away too often? He does have the craft to win it back though.

I don't think he has a killer pass in his locker...why did we sign him? Rossiter is far better player at 20.

Ryan Jack loses the ball too many times in my opinion.

Edit: In losing the ball I mean misplaces passes.

Seriously you're taking nonsense.

It's only a couple of weeks since he had a 100% pass completion rate, I imagine he's topped the percentage of completed passes every game he's played for us. If the rest of the team did their job as well as Jack does his we'd have 12 points and +20 goal difference.

Jack was excellent yet again. I thought he was comfortably our best player yesterday. Much of the work that he does goes unnoticed. He mopped up attack after attack, often covering the full backs and centre backs. He also played the killer pass (with his left foot) for Morelos to run onto, when he was tackled just outside the box by Naismith. I don't believe that is his role and Dorrans would be viewed as the more creative of the two, however he is an extremely versatile player and could probably play either role. He did give the ball away on a couple of occasions yesterday, but still had the fitness and character to get after it and win the ball back. I do like Rossiter as well and if we revert to a 4 2 3 1 formation at some point, I think he will come into the team but right now, not at the expense of Jack. Could see us playing that formation against Celtic.

I thought that Dorrans was disappointing yesterday. When he signed I expected him to be a class above basically every other player in Scotland, but he hasn't really shown much, other than the opening day goals. Long way to go in the season and hopefully, the likes of Dorrans and Pena come good. Would strengthen the team no end.

Have to admit, I'm stunned by this thread... :D

Jack hardly ever gives the ball away - that's why he's been so effective and a stand out this season so far.

In the second half yesterday he wasn't quite as efficient but that was because County packed the midfield and guys like Candeias, Krancjar and Miller fell out of the game. Pena's lack of sharpness was obvious as well so it wasn't until Rossiter came on to help Jack, we started to dominate again.

I would agree Jack arguably isn't the player that will create goals or make late runs into the box to score them. However, what he is is a player who can take the ball from defenders under pressure and recycle it efficiently to offer space to other players.

I actually find him a very similar player to Barry Ferguson. Yes, he plays a bit deeper but he's just as good on the ball.

Jack was excellent yet again. I thought he was comfortably our best player yesterday. Much of the work that he does goes unnoticed. He mopped up attack after attack, often covering the full backs and centre backs. He also played the killer pass (with his left foot) for Morelos to run onto, when he was tackled just outside the box by Naismith. I don't believe that is his role and Dorrans would be viewed as the more creative of the two, however he is an extremely versatile player and could probably play either role. He did give the ball away on a couple of occasions yesterday, but still had the fitness and character to get after it and win the ball back. I do like Rossiter as well and if we revert to a 4 2 3 1 formation at some point, I think he will come into the team but right now, not at the expense of Jack. Could see us playing that formation against Celtic.

I thought that Dorrans was disappointing yesterday. When he signed I expected him to be a class above basically every other player in Scotland, but he hasn't really shown much, other than the opening day goals. Long way to go in the season and hopefully, the likes of Dorrans and Pena come good. Would strengthen the team no end.

I think Dorrans is just playing a wee bit too deep and is perhaps still taking time to come to terms with the pace of the Scottish game.

I reckon a change to 4-2-3-1 like you mention would benefit him as he could play further forward and perhaps in the inside left position to support Morelos.

I actually agree that I think Rossiter is a better player. That's only because I reckon Rossiter is potentially of the highest class. The problem is he is continually injury prone and can't be relied upon.

That's not to say Jack isn't a good player and seems to be reliable. His passing seems ok to me and although Dorrans is still playing deep, those two have made a huge difference this season. Jack has been our most consistent performer imo.

I think Dorrans is just playing a wee bit too deep and is perhaps still taking time to come to terms with the pace of the Scottish game.

I reckon a change to 4-2-3-1 like you mention would benefit him as he could play further forward and perhaps in the inside left position to support Morelos.

It would probably suit Dorrans and Pena more, but then we would have to select one of Miller, Herrera or Morelos for the sole striker position. Given the more direct nature of our football this season, Morelos could be left stranded without close support. Ignoring the defence which picks itself, we would probably go with Jack and Rossiter as our holding midfielders, Dorrans, Pena (once fit) and Candeias as the attacking midfield and the dilemma already stated up front. The defence would need to play it out from the back and not bypass the midfield who in turn would need to support and run beyond Morelos (if he is the striker). In my opinion the change in formation would require us to play fundamentally differently from what we have done so far.

It would probably suit Dorrans and Pena more, but then we would have to select one of Miller, Herrera or Morelos for the sole striker position. Given the more direct nature of our football this season, Morelos could be left stranded without close support. Ignoring the defence which picks itself, we would probably go with Jack and Rossiter as our holding midfielders, Dorrans, Pena (once fit) and Candeias as the attacking midfield and the dilemma already stated up front. The defence would need to play it out from the back and not bypass the midfield who in turn would need to support and run beyond Morelos (if he is the striker). In my opinion the change in formation would require us to play fundamentally differently from what we have done so far.

I'm not saying we should play it all the time, just use it where necessary - for example in the last half an hour of yesterday's game.

The main striker need not be isolated if the attacking midfielders are utilised properly and we could still have Herrera up top with Morelos in behind now and again.