Club1872 and safe standing

The add-ons like the Bobby Sands rant have to stop as does FTP and f*** the Ira,even God save the Queen in Blue sea of Ibrox, before the singing becomes bearable.

We have a multi National squad many of whom will be unable to relate to "sectarian" type songs,I know it will be impossible to stop them ringing out during OF games but they can surely be curtailed otherwise.

I'm not really a Royalist but what on Earth is 'sectarian' about saying God save the Queen?

Also, I agree about the Bobby Sands and FTP but have no problem whatsoever with F**k the IRA.

I don't think MacK1950 was meaning that GSTQ was sectarian in any way. Buts it's just another of many add ons that the UB and others feel compelled to add to perfectly good Rangers songs.

Many years ago I found myself not wanting to go to games because of the singing(when it was terracing)due to bile coming through in songs.I found that the all seating system made for a more enjoyable experience and singing became more subdued in content,but now think it has regressed mainly due to the Union Bears.

Following the journey it was embarrassing at times at away games as it gave them a platform to sing the bigoted/sectarian bile that they could not sing at Ibrox.

It is so infantile and should stop.

Many years ago I found myself not wanting to go to games because of the singing(when it was terracing)due to bile coming through in songs.I found that the all seating system made for a more enjoyable experience and singing became more subdued in content,but now think it has regressed mainly due to the Union Bears.

Following the journey it was embarrassing at times at away games as it gave them a platform to sing the bigoted/sectarian bile that they could not sing at Ibrox.

It is so infantile and should stop.

The very same people who got us sanctioned by UEFA for object throwing during the Progres game at Ibrox want a degree of anonymity for their activities which would likely crank up a notch or two. I can understand why they want that anonymity but I don't understand why we would facilitate it.

I preferred the days where people weren't so sensitive and could go to the football and lark about a bit.

After Hillsborough, Thatcher and Murdoch saw their chance to turn football into less of a day out for lads from housing schemes and more of a money-spinner enjoyed by people who want to sit in comfort, with a shopping bag full of merch and a cup of Coke. It has worked for them and has resulted in Scotland becoming an insignificant backwater, which we have suffered from as much as anyone.

Do songs at a football match seriously offend people? Or is it just another excuse for Tims to revel in victimhood and the Police and courts to gets stats, overtime and make easy money? Sticks and stones and all that...

Do songs at a football match seriously offend people? Or is it just another excuse for Tims to revel in victimhood and the Police and courts to gets stats, overtime and make easy money? Sticks and stones and all that...

Apparently yes they do seriously offend people and the reasons for that are immaterial. It's the reality that we and our club have to operate within. When w're in the dock for it no amount of 'stick and stones' talk is going to change that reality and I want absolutely nothing that can negatively impact the club being tolerated.

You're losing touch with reality if you think for a moment anybody sat down and thought how can we get cops more overtime. Whether you grasp it or not there are deep societal issues going down here that have existed for too long and are now an international embarrassment.

On some level I have similar feelings about it to you but again. In the current reality my feelings on it are immaterial and the reputation of the club must be the first concern. I'm pissed off that I can't have a smoke in the pub like I used to but I accept that others have issues with it.

We have to accept there are people who don't want to hear certain songs being bellowed out at public events and definitely don't want an Ibrox version of the green bampots operating because that's exactly what it would likely become in short order.

Fair enough, JFK - a post I have no real disagreement with, although I am pro-safe standing section at Ibrox.

I was brought up to always question authority and will continue to do so. It seems the majority on here disagree with me about safe-standing but I care deeply about Ibrox Stadium and genuinely think it will improve the atmosphere and overall matchday experience.

I preferred the days where people weren't so sensitive and could go to the football and lark about a bit.

I imagine anyone of age would do likewise but the world moves on whether we like it or not.

After Hillsborough, Thatcher and Murdoch saw their chance to turn football into less of a day out for lads from housing schemes and more of a money-spinner enjoyed by people who want to sit in comfort, with a shopping bag full of merch and a cup of Coke. It has worked for them and has resulted in Scotland becoming an insignificant backwater, which we have suffered from as much as anyone.

I think Scotland managed to become an insignificant backwater rather well on its own accord, looking to blame others for our own failings is I suppose the most Scottish of traits.

I've always thought football chants should be humourous or offensive preferably both but alas the realpolitik is rather different nowadays, it sometimes appears as if people are getting offended because nobody's offending them.

I'd happily let any opposition sing whatever they want provided we could do likewise.

The add-ons like the Bobby Sands rant have to stop as does FTP and f*** the Ira,even God save the Queen in Blue sea of Ibrox, before the singing becomes bearable.

We have a multi National squad many of whom will be unable to relate to "sectarian" type songs,I know it will be impossible to stop them ringing out during OF games but they can surely be curtailed otherwise.

I've long wished other people would conduct themselves according to my values but a lifetime of disappointment has taught me to realise that I might not have all the answers after all. So now I tend to do my own thing and worry less what other people say or do, so long as it doesn't cause anyone actual harm. GSTQ and opinions about Bobby Sands or the Pope are not what I would sing about at a football match but other people doing so is, frankly, their business.

Edited by Bill