Club1872 and safe standing

Unless this is a project paid for by Club1872, I can't see the club progressing this as a financial priority.

I know I sound like a broken record but as much as a standing section would be great, improving our disabled supporter areas should take precedence. I'd take a lot more pride from leading world football on that than having a standing section.

Was about to say the exact same thing Frankie.

Talk about missing priorities..... Get the disabled supporters sorted first instead of a safe standing area.

And, whilst I am not saying that those who would be in a safe standing area are responsible, make it abundantly clear that safe standing wont be happening until the silly smoke bombs and flares are eradicated.

While I totally agree don't get me wrong with that, having a bigger attendance may help to finance the disabled area a bit like using it as a horse to pull the cart.

I don't think there would be a bigger attendance though pete. Each seat would be replaced by the safe standing area - is it not that the safe standing area is effectively seating with bars in front of each row to allow you to stand - in essence you still have the same number of season tickets in the same foot print, but you have standing railings.

And, whilst I am not saying that those who would be in a safe standing area are responsible, make it abundantly clear that safe standing wont be happening until the silly smoke bombs and flares are eradicated.

I know there have been some instances of smoke bombs but have Rangers fans EVER let a flare off at Ibrox? I haven't seen one. And the smoke bombs are usually seen at away games, I can't really think of many instances of them being set off by Bears at Ibrox.

Safe standing has the potential to make the atmosphere far better for the thousands who regularly attend. It's a priority because we surely want youngsters to come to the match and have a good day out - that way, they'll come back and bring their mates along.

I don't think there would be a bigger attendance though pete. Each seat would be replaced by the safe standing area - is it not that the safe standing area is effectively seating with bars in front of each row to allow you to stand - in essence you still have the same number of season tickets in the same foot print, but you have standing railings.

I'm hearing everyone concerns re the cost however if the cost is covered by the ST's there, then it's not an issue. There is Pyro going off at the moment so what's the difference?

If people are paying there own money, covering the cost and the rules over pyrotechnics are adhered too, there is no issue.

The point over disability facilities is clearly one that should be highlighted. It would seem that club funds would be directed there. I agree club funds should be prioritised accordingly. The disabled facilities being high on the list.

I know there have been some instances of smoke bombs but have Rangers fans EVER let a flare off at Ibrox? I haven't seen one. And the smoke bombs are usually seen at away games, I can't really think of many instances of them being set off by Bears at Ibrox.

Safe standing has the potential to make the atmosphere far better for the thousands who regularly attend. It's a priority because we surely want youngsters to come to the match and have a good day out - that way, they'll come back and bring their mates along.

I don't recall one being set off at Ibrox Gonzo. I'm not sure where all the hysteria is coming from over this? Nobody (not me anyway) is arguing disabled facilities are a priority. As I said, put £20 on the price of an ST for the west enclosure, make it safe standing, it's paid for and everyone's happy.

The club should be able to fund state of the art disabled facilities. You would have to hope they are looking at that?

I'm hearing everyone concerns re the cost however if the cost is covered by the ST's there, then it's not an issue. There is Pyro going off at the moment so what's the difference?

If people are paying there own money, covering the cost and the rules over pyrotechnics are adhered too, there is no issue.

The point over disability facilities is clearly one that should be highlighted. It would seem that club funds would be directed there. I agree club funds should be prioritised accordingly. The disabled facilities being high on the list.

But therein is the rub. The rules on pyrotechnics are NOT being adhered to, are they ?

I was at Dortmund but I can't remember seeing a seat and there were certainly more people per seat if there was one. maybe it was meant to be that but it certainly wasn't. I know there is a lot of dodging the turnstile there though.

Don't see the big deal with it. Some see it at the east end of Glasgow and suddenly want us to do same, that's my outtake on it.

Like the idea of the season ticket in the area being pumped up if it did happen to pay for it.

How you can come to the conclusion it would bring more young folk to ibrox, with friends to quote above is just complete and utter nonsense.

Edited by blueflag

So you want to sit, so everyone else has to sit?

I really don't get why anyone would be against this. I much prefer standing at a match - loved some of the lower league games, as it felt like the old days and was generally more fun. I understand people don't want to stand but why impose that on everyone (particularly when over 50 RSCs have backed safe standing)?

And I never wanted all-seater stadiums, so it has nothing to do with what goes on at the Piggery.

Edited by Gonzo79