Celtic still pressing SFA for inquiry

However, in the letter to clubs, the SFA also informed that the court testimony of two former directors of Rangers Football Club plc (Oldco) regarding "overdue payables" - in what is known as the 'Wee Tax Case' - "might have implications in the context of the Uefa licence granted in 2011".

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster

The SPFL's Neil Doncaster wanted an independent review of Scottish football governance

"On the face of it, there seem to be contradictions between those statements and written representations made at the time," it stated.

"In 2011, Oldco indicated there was an ongoing dispute with HMRC, but the evidence in the Craig Whyte [former Rangers owner] trial suggests that Oldco knew by early 2011 that it had no defence to HMRC's claim.

"This matter has been referred to the compliance officer for further investigation following receipt of information of a written opinion from senior counsel."

Hm. It is strange that this is the thing they really want investigated. For if they do, they would also agree that any sort of "fit and proper person" test of Whyte taking over Rangers back then was non-existent, or any action taken by HMRC at the time (when they later on leaked confidental information like a sieve) was made as off screen as possible ... so hardly anyone of consquence (apparently) knew it:

Ex-Rangers owner Craig Whyte was being chased by the taxman for £3.74m BEFORE he started his catastrophic reign at Ibrox

HMRC had instructed debt enforcers to chase Whyte with a bill for almost £4million and threaten him with bankruptcy in May 2011 - the same month that he bought Rangers.

By Keith Jackson 07:30, 5 AUG 2014

THE taxman was chasing Craig Whyte for £3.7million before he took over Rangers.

HMRC focused on Whyte’s personal finances and made several failed attempts to get him to pay his dues before, during and after his catastrophic reign at Ibrox.

The taxman regarded Whyte as a “flight risk”, fearing he might flee the country without settling his huge tax bill.

Documents seen by the Record show:

* The authorities instructed debt enforcers to chase Whyte with a bill for almost £4million and threaten him with bankruptcy in May 2011, the same month that he bought Rangers.

* It was the culmination of a probe begun the previous year when the taxman learned Whyte had returned to the UK in 2005.

* Whyte was continually warned he was failing to submit satisfactory tax returns and risked being fined.

* He actually claimed at one stage to have a UK taxable worth of just £24 in accrued bank interest.

* Yet when he struck the notorious deal with Ticketus for funds to finance his Rangers takeover, he gave the firm a personal guarantee he was worth nearly £33million.

This “guarantee”, which was obtained by HMRC, helped them calculate Whyte’s £3,741,835.29 tax bill but he continued stalling tactics to avoid coughing up.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-rangers-owner-craig-whyte-being-3992415

Such would be the question of a real, or let's say investigative journalist.

I am disappointed by this. A proper inquiry was needed and i suspect woukd have brought down the sfa.

Always remember they blackmailed rangers into accepting an illegal sanction.

If the online threats/promises/predictions/fairy tales/money-making scams are to be believed, there will indeed be a proper enquiry at a judicial hearing.

Funnily enough, their end game is to bring down the SFA.

Now, they even have Rod Petrie as part of the "illegal conspiracy" to keep us going as a club. :laugh:

I am disappointed by this. A proper inquiry was needed and i suspect woukd have brought down the sfa.

Always remember they blackmailed rangers into accepting an illegal sanction.

The SFA did us no favours but the SPL were much worse.

Both the SFA & SPFL will take no further action against Rangers & EBT's because they know they'd lose any court case which would cost them big style financially

Rab, this one isn't going away. What hasn't been said in the o.p. above is that the SFA most definitely ARE looking to punish Rangers for lies told during the granting of our european licence.

It all came out during the Whyte trial when it was alleged the wee tax case thing was hidden by us.

Look to our next licence getting suspended for a couple of years. Mark my words mate.

Gollum must have been absolutely gutted having to report that...he'll be even more rhabid now looking for a sweetener of some sort. He will however remain banned from gratis tea and biscuits at Ibrox Stadium.

Would love Rangers to ban the sicko for life from the stadium as a matter of principle though.

Rab, this one isn't going away. What hasn't been said in the o.p. above is that the SFA most definitely ARE looking to punish Rangers for lies told during the granting of our european licence.

It all came out during the Whyte trial when it was alleged the wee tax case thing was hidden by us.

Look to our next licence getting suspended for a couple of years. Mark my words mate.

One of the conditions of the sale from SDM to Whyte was that he had to pay the wee tax case.

One of the conditions of the sale from SDM to Whyte was that he had to pay the wee tax case.

McIntyre's evidence at Whytes trial is what's causing the present storm in a teacup.

The "ongoing discussions with HMRC " to get the UEFA licence is now being twisted to there were no ongoing discussions and the debt was due.

Rab, you and I both know this one will be running on and on. I expect Liewells letter to UEFA will now get pulled out of a drawer and subject to further scrutiny.

Don't be renewing a passport if all you want to do is go watch us abroad.

Both the SFA & SPFL will take no further action against Rangers & EBT's because they know they'd lose any court case which would cost them big style financially

I agree on EBT's but disagree on the Europa licence I think they think they are smart and the compliance officer will judge against us as officially we cannot take them to court. That will give Celtic their poodle prize and the hoards are already foaming at the mouth. They actually think the SFA's statement is the start to a victory and title stripping.