Celtic still pressing SFA for inquiry

I agree on EBT's but disagree on the Europa licence I think they think they are smart and the compliance officer will judge against us as officially we cannot take them to court. That will give Celtic their poodle prize and the hoards are already foaming at the mouth. They actually think the SFA's statement is the start to a victory and title stripping.

we couldn't take them to court?

McIntyre's evidence at Whytes trial is what's causing the present storm in a teacup.

The "ongoing discussions with HMRC " to get the UEFA licence is now being twisted to there were no ongoing discussions and the debt was due.

Rab, you and I both know this one will be running on and on. I expect Liewells letter to UEFA will now get pulled out of a drawer and subject to further scrutiny.

Don't be renewing a passport if all you want to do is go watch us abroad.

if the wee tax case was 'on going discussions' at the time then what's this all about?

Under UEFA rules a club may not take an FA to court. Whether it happens or not is another story but there could be UEFA sanctions to follow on all Scottish football.

if the wee tax case was 'on going discussions' at the time then what's this all about?

McIntyre appears to be saying that the bill was overdue and there were no ongoing discussions with HMRC. The bill was due and hadn't been paid. If that is true then Rangers were therefore lying to the SFA when stating that no debts were due is what they are saying.

How much truth there is in that I've no idea, but we both know that this whole bandwagon isn't going to stop.

Knowing the SFA have drawn a line under matters, apart from the compliance officer now getting involved, they've just gone up the ladder and once again tried to involve UEFA.

Rangers have already stated they would defend the titles no matter the cost. I suspect that's what scared the SFA from simply phoning the Daily Record to announce a number of Rangers titles had been disqualified.

I now expect a large cheque from an anonymous donor to arrive at Hampden in the near future.

Regan insisted Hampden chiefs had followed UEFA rules.

Speaking after the governing body's AGM in Glasgow, he said: "There has been a reply. We've been in dialogue with Celtic Football Club on the matter.

"My understanding is that the requisitioners have accepted that they have no issues with the granting of the licence to Rangers in 2011 .

"What they do have an issue with is the monitoring period immediately following that licence in March 2011.

"Our position on that is that we have complied with UEFA requirements in the period immediately following March 2011 and clearly if there is still an issue with the requisitioners then that's for them to take up with UEFA.

"We've said if they do that then we'll fully cooperate and comply with any requests for information from UEFA and we've provided details at UEFA for the requisitioners to make contact.

https://planetradio.co.uk/westsound/sport/news/regan-sfa-nothing-fear-handling-rangers-euro-licence/