Pedro, a man with dignity. Rangers v Dundee preview.

It has been three weeks since our last home game fixture versus Hearts and it certainly feels like it. Last week’s victory over Ross County at Dingwall was a great confidence boost however there is nothing like getting back to Ibrox for the next home game after the indifference of the international break. Much has been discussed regarding the after-match exploits and product being delivered from BT sport. Without wasting anymore breath on individuals who are bereft of respect and civility, it’s fair to say all Rangers fans who feel they are not receiving value for money from a product, no matter what it is, would be justified in taking their money elsewhere.

We host Dundee this Saturday at 3pm, a match which is already a sell-out. Another full house at Ibrox as our supporters continue to show why we remain loyal and have so many admirers worldwide. This Saturday is also Armed Forces Day which is always a fantastic occasion every year. Men and Women from the Army, Navy and he RAF will be attending as we salute their continued courage and bravery in defending the shores of our country. There will be bands outside the Argyle house restaurant from 1pm and bands in the fan zone from 2-2.30pm before kick-off. In addition, there will be various other entertainment from our armed forces https://rangers.co.uk/news/club/armed-forces-day-ibrox/. Volunteers will be collecting for charities such as AA Veterans Support in Northern Ireland, the Coming Home Centre in Govan and Erskine. I’m sure all Bears will continue to support our brave men and women as much as they always have.

The last time we faced Dundee was back in February when we suffered a 2-1 defeat away at Dens park. Joe Garner scoring in the second half in what was one of Graeme Murty’s games in charge before Pedro arrived. Of the starting eleven that day, only four remain at the club. This being an indication of the massive changes that Pedro is trying to oversee, and bring us success. The first half performance was awful that day as we looked lacklustre and asleep. Although our second half efforts were much improved we couldn’t find the killer touch to turn the game around. Neil McCann arrives after earning a hard-earned draw in their last match at home. They will look to build on that and I would suggest they will sit back and soak up the pressure, much like Hearts did in our last fixture at home. We should look to be patient and try to break them down, something we found unable to do in that fixture.

Our last match against Ross County saw us have more success and we could break the opposition down. Two goals from Morelos, who looks like a fantastic signing already, and one from Herrerra saw us run out 3-1 victors. The one glaring change from the starting line-up required this week should be Nico, who with the best will in the world, just doesn’t have the legs for it any more. Along with Miller he should be used as an impact player from the bench when the situation requires it. There have been some great suggestions on the forum for the midfield and one I particularly liked was Rossiter and Jack holding, which would leave Dorrans with space to get forward. Potentially having Candeias and Herrera either side of him. Leaving Morelos through the middle. Alternatively, once Pena is fit he could be given the freedom to get forward and perhaps Dorrans moving to the left? We are not short of options it’s just finding the right recipe for success.

Our back line pretty much picks itself with Tavernier, Wallace, Cardoso and Bruno with Wes in goal. Bruno just oozes class and although he hasn’t faced anyone of any note yet, we would hope he has the class required to cope with most of what our league throws at him. Our back line is without question far superior than last season and the main reason for that is the arrival of big Bruno. The manager will once again be under scrutiny from many of our support who still, quite rightly to be fair, have their reservations. Pedro has polarised opinion across supporters with some taking to him and some left baffled by his decisions and statements. I genuinely hope he succeeds and it’s been breath-taking to read and listen to the comments from the media which have been used to ridicule our manager. There is a very sinister undercurrent of parochial xenophobia amongst many of the hacks and the hysteria over Pedro’s comments when using what is not his first language, was quite ridiculous. He has conducted himself with marvellous decorum and professionalism. Something which those he is addressing could only dream of possessing.

I’m sure all our support will get behind the team on Saturday and hopefully be patient as we endeavour to break down what will be a stubborn Dundee defence. I’m going to predict a 3-0 victory with Morelos first goal scorer.

It will be a fantastic day as Armed Forces Day always is. The weather forecast for Saturday is set fair and the sun looks like it may make its last appearance of the summer! After all the criticism, the manager has taken it would be great to see the team provide us with a commanding performance and victory. It would certainly make us all feel a lot better over the weekend and those who would use any avenue to demean us, feel a lot worse.

C’mon eh Bears!

Edited by cooponthewing

Here's the usual, rather neutral and factual preview on the Dundee FC homepage.

http://dundeefc.co.uk/news/rangers-preview-2/

They got one bit wrong though...

Rangers’ season started back in June when they faced Luxembourg side Progres Niederkorn in a Europa League first qualifying round tie and despite winning the first leg 1-0 at Ibrox thanks to a Kenny Miller goal, crashed out in one of the worst results in their history with a 2-0 defeat in the second leg

It was thee worst result in our history! No buttering up, no excuses, no pre-season keech type of excuses, we might not have progressed to the league stages but that result was the worst in Rangers history without a shadow of doubt.

Good stuff mate - I'm definitely looking forward to the game and the day itself!

I know it might annoy many fans but I expect the same team and system as the County game - with Windass coming back in for Niko. There is the option to play Herrera (or even Pena or Niko) instead of Miller to partner Morelos but I think Miller will keep his place for now.

Like you say the manager will be tempted to go 4-2-3-1 at some point also but I don't think we'll need that tomorrow.

rfc_dundee.jpg

PS: We're looking for preview writers for the rest of the month and beyond. Please use this thread if you fancy it - remember they don't need to be anything special or long, just an introduction to the game with your thoughts.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?86051-Match-Preview-Schedule-2017-18-(All-writers-welcome)

I deem Dundee to be one of the poorer teams in the league this season and one of those who will be scrapping to avoid the bottom two. I'm hoping to see the team totally swamp and annhialate them as I believe they are capable of but admittedly it doesn't always work like that despite massive superiority.

The sheep struggled to beat them 2-1 at the sheep pen yet Accies hammered them 3-0 at New Douglas Park. We will see but I am indeed looking for a thrashing. We're due to dish one out though I expect Dundee to set up for a siege from the first minute.

Looking for 3 points tomorrow, though we seem to be poorer at home than away from Ibrox.

Got myself into looking for improvement as the season progresses, rather than expecting/hoping to win the League, better for my health.

I think we will play Jack and Rossiter against timmy, so would like to see us give it a try before hand, perhaps Thistle next week.

Miller on the bench hopefully but I doubt it, I think Pedro thinks he has to play him for some reason.