Pedro, a man with dignity. Rangers v Dundee preview.

Its a live table. All game aberdeen had 13 points then dropped to 12 at full time.

I had to check hearts hadnt scored really late.

League table still correct with Celtic on top, albeit on goal difference and not by a point.

I think we're starting to look comfortably better than anything out there aside from maybe one and in addition to that I also feel we still haven't reached peak yet but we're getting there game by game.

They beat Accies 4-1 and it's just standard and easy but when we do the same to Dundee it's unimpressive? As I said, I fell we're getting better all the time and still not peaked.

Not sure I would go as far as to say we are comfortably better than anything other than Celtic.... We still haven't played Aberdeen or St Johnstone. Time will tell but I personally dislike these statements as they have a tendency to bite in the arse.

Personally i would say its about changes in tempo against a packed defence.

Agreed. High tempo is easy enough to defend against, particularly with 10 behind the ball - that was the point I was trying to make to pete, poorly it would seem.

With 10 behind the ball if your opponent constantly plays high tempo you just have siege mentality and sit in - with changes in tempo you allow them to come out more - no surprise that we scored 3 goals after Dundee had their best period of the game.

Which allowed them to play high tempo when they got the ball.:thup: The only way through a packed defence is high tempo mostly one touch passes. That is what makes Candeias so dangerous with his early crosses and that one touch flick today was sublime.

I don't agree that the only way through a packed defence is high tempo. We managed it today by getting deliveries into the box quickly and early. You don't need high tempo for that, you just need to create the space on the wing and have good quality crossing.

But I agree that Zenit eventually had high tempo...... but why did that come about ? Because they actually slowed the tempo, gave us more of the ball, sucked us out of defence and then hit us. by playing constantly at high tempo today we would have struggled to break them down. You have to have alternates if things aren't going to plan.

One touch passes also doesn't necessarily mean high tempo - one touch passes along the back 4 for 10 minutes hardly constitutes high tempo.

Anyway, you personally see that today was a poor performance whereas I saw it as being a professional performance which, aside from 10 minutes of the game, saw us dominate possession and, for the most part, in the opponents half. I wont complain about that.

I think it's massive we now have the spine of a team playing well. Wes, Bruno, Jack and Morelos.

Thought we were good today against poor opposition and probably should've scored a few more. Morelos and Candeias were excellent and have settled brilliantly. We are still a new team and I'm delighted where we are right now. Hopefully we can go on a run of wins now. And hopefully Pedro drops Miller and Niko for the next couple matches. Niko is great but he's done. He'd be brilliant in the Masters but he can't handle the pace now

I don't agree that the only way through a packed defence is high tempo. We managed it today by getting deliveries into the box quickly and early. You don't need high tempo for that, you just need to create the space on the wing and have good quality crossing.

But I agree that Zenit eventually had high tempo...... but why did that come about ? Because they actually slowed the tempo, gave us more of the ball, sucked us out of defence and then hit us. by playing constantly at high tempo today we would have struggled to break them down. You have to have alternates if things aren't going to plan.

One touch passes also doesn't necessarily mean high tempo - one touch passes along the back 4 for 10 minutes hardly constitutes high tempo.

Anyway, you personally see that today was a poor performance whereas I saw it as being a professional performance which, aside from 10 minutes of the game, saw us dominate possession and, for the most part, in the opponents half. I wont complain about that.

I have not read your whole post yet Craig but I have to respond to the first bit first before I take the dogs out.

Getting the ball into the box quickly and early. Is that not high tempo? You have lost me on that one mate. If you do not consider that high tempo then I don't know what I am arguing against. Yes the cross was quality but only because it was early and quick and the defence couldn't settle itself that for me is high tempo. If Candeias had taken a touch the chances are that the defence would have got behind the ball and the cross would not have been effective. High Tempo in my eyes. I will give you that changes of tempo are needed but in the end it is high tempo movements that will foil the defence.

I have not read your whole post yet Craig but I have to respond to the first bit first before I take the dogs out.

Getting the ball into the box quickly and early. Is that not high tempo? You have lost me on that one mate. If you do not consider that high tempo then I don't know what I am arguing against. Yes the cross was quality but only because it was early and quick and the defence couldn't settle itself that for me is high tempo. If Candeias had taken a touch the chances are that the defence would have got behind the ball and the cross would not have been effective. High Tempo in my eyes. I will give you that changes of tempo are needed but in the end it is high tempo movements that will foil the defence.

I don't see it as high tempo just because you get the ball in early. We will have to agree to disagree that it would necessarily be considered high tempo.

Enjoy the walk with the pups :D

We beat Dundee 4-1 today. I can't believe some of the negativity on here.

The only disappointment for me was needlessly conceding that goal at the end.

We are a vast improvement from this time last season.

My biggest concern however is we're short in numbers in a few positions. CB for one

I don't see it as high tempo just because you get the ball in early. We will have to agree to disagree that it would necessarily be considered high tempo.

Enjoy the walk with the pups :D

Our idea on what is high tempo and what not is obviously different. I do see that as a high tempo movement and even the cross was at pace. If he took 3 touches and floated it in then that would have been a low tempo movement. That does not mean that such a cross cannot bring a goal but just that there is more chance a defender will be in place to clear. I still stick with my original post though that if we play the way we did today against Celtic then I fear the worst. i doubt we will be set up in the same way though.