Pedro, a man with dignity. Rangers v Dundee preview.

What is the issue ? That is the table right now, right ? Aside from updating Aberdeen's draw today ??

Think he doesn't realize goal difference goes before alphabetical

Great result today, slowly slowly catchy monkey.

On a side note the cheating by refs is beyond the pail. Guess its not an automatic booking against us for pulling back even when you do it time and again!

Edited by trublusince1982

You and I must be watching different games pete :(

Same game different prejudices

No prejudices on my part but I can't speak for you. If you think this tempo was good enough to beat one of the top teams then I am afraid you will be totally disappointed. Candeias and Moreless were excellent. Kranjcar should have been released he is just slowing down play. Pena looks as fit as me and he and Dorrans at the Dundee goal looked like spectators. Dundee pressed us for 10 minutes and we were all over the place. I am now dreading playing Celtic after performances like this. Thankfully it is different circumstances and different application(I hope)

The unmentionables won't come and sit in like Dundee so with that in mind the whole complexion of the match will be different and I expect Pedro may field a different starting 11

Edited by JFK-1

Great performance and result although Dundee are awful! Niko and Miller should be on the bench, waste of two jerseys and slow us down.

Candeias was MOTM imo although Morelos was excellent. This may not please everyone but I fear for our back four. They look stationary in the centre at times and a better side could get at us down the flanks. I'm also not sure what's going on with Wallace and Bruno but the body language ain't good?

Jack and Dorrans were solid as usual and the diamong is ok but I prefer the 4-2-3-1.

Glad Pena got his goal and Windass made a heck of a difference. The team is looking far far better. Pedro was like a cat on hot bricks. Screaming and shouting, up and down, in and out the dugout. Fantastic emotion and commitment from the manager. My only concern is that the defence is not as solidified as it should be?

Miller and Kranjčar were poor again. I really wanted to see Peña in ahead of either of them.

When he came on Peña didn't look great outside the box. He did manage to get himself into scoring positions a few times though.

I think Peña playing behind Morelos may be the way forward.

Edited by ranger_syntax

No prejudices on my part but I can't speak for you. If you think this tempo was good enough to beat one of the top teams then I am afraid you will be totally disappointed. Candeias and Moreless were excellent. Kranjcar should have been released he is just slowing down play. Pena looks as fit as me and he and Dorrans at the Dundee goal looked like spectators. Dundee pressed us for 10 minutes and we were all over the place. I am now dreading playing Celtic after performances like this. Thankfully it is different circumstances and different application(I hope)

How do you increase the tempo against a team playing with 10 behind the ball ? When their play breaks down there is little point in playing at high tempo because they already have all bodies behind the ball. You cannot simply play high tempo all the time because it isn't effective against certain teams.

In fact, I would say that Pedro got it absolutely spot on today - didn't need to play high tempo because the game was in front of Dundee all game. However, what DID happen was that Candeias was making crosses very early, which prevented Dundee from properly setting themselves up in the middle of the back 4.

Disagree on Kranjcar, still a worthwhile player to have when defences need unlocked. Pena has had less than an hour of competitive football and needs time to get match sharp. He doesn't look overweight at all, so your comment about not being fit is arrived at how ? When he came on he made some wayward passes, but he also looks to pass and move, and do so forwards.

Dundee didn't press us for 10 minutes at all pete, we simply came out very, very slowly at the start of the second half. It wasn't as a result of any pressing from Dundee that this happened, we simply weren't sharp and were wayward with passes.

"Dreading playing Cetic after performances like this" - away with ye pete. That will be the most comfortable 90 minutes we will have this season. The 1st 10 minutes of the 2nd half aside we completely dominated the ball and created a few decent chances. Sure, Celtic may very well beat us in every game we play them this season - but THIS particular performance doesn't fill me with dread at all.

About the only thing I can agree with you on this post is that Candeias & Morelos were excellent.