Are we justified in parking the bus on Saturday

Why would we change our style of play against them and do something that we have essentially not trained or played before? If anything, we may have two DMs with Jack and Rossiter on Saturday, trying to block the runs from Armstrong and Sinclair. So I can see a 4-5-1 with Windass, Dorrans and Candeias behind Morelos as our main striker.

Why would we change our style of play against them and do something that we have essentially not trained or played before? If anything, we may have two DMs with Jack and Rossiter on Saturday, trying to block the runs from Armstrong and Sinclair. So I can see a 4-5-1 with Windass, Dorrans and Candeias behind Morelos as our main striker.

Here’s me thinking Pedro was a 4-4-2 man,old age getting to me!

Here’s me thinking Pedro was a 4-4-2 man,old age getting to me!

Before "fancy" line-ups where introduced, you also had "4-4-2s" with one of the strikers being not exactly in-line with other, but slighty behind him. It is what is called "shadow striker" or "secondary striker" and is where e.g. Dorrans can play, or Windass. So with a flicker of imagination, you can make the line-up I suggested above a 4-4-2 with Jack and Rossiter in CM, while Dorrans or Windass play as "secondary striker". See, not that hard ...

Edited by der Berliner

Before "fancy" line-ups where introduced, you also had "4-4-2s" with one of the strikers being not exactly in-line with other, but slighty behind him. It is what is called "shadow striker" or "secondary striker" and is where e.g. Dorrans can play, or Windass. So with a flicker of imagination, you can make the line-up I suggested above a 4-4-2 with Jack and Rossiter in CM, while Dorrans or Windass play as "secondary striker". See, not that hard ...

Rossiter would/will be put out of the game by mhanks unpunished assaults classed as tackles.

I would drop Windass and play Dorrans left. Rossiter and Jack in centre with candeias on the right. Alternatively play 4-14-1 with Jack in front of back four and Dorrans/Rossiter as the two. Candeias on right with A N other on alert and Morelos up front?

Edited by cooponthewing

I personally don't think we need to change much in the way of shape or personnel. I would however insist that JT reduces the amount of forward runs. I realise this puts more strain on Candeias, but we are too weak down the right side when JT moves out of position.

On the left, its fine as long as they don't switch the play quickly. We get caught out when Jack/Dorrans is covering the right side and then there's a sudden switch of play. They can't then get across quickly enough to support John on that side (assuming LW is still injured). Of course, we do have the option of using two holding players, but that's going to leave Morelos unsupported, and he's not the best at holding up play. If we do have two holding players, the only option I can see is to play Miller with Morelos. He's not my favourite player, but his workrate and holding of the ball might be required. Either way, this is going to be one tough game. I just hope we can impose our style of play on some of the game as I'd like to see how well we compete during those moments. If we can demonstrate that PC's style can work against Celtic, it's then down to being more consistent, and perhaps improving the quality of players in some key positions.

I personally don't think we need to change much in the way of shape or personnel. I would however insist that JT reduces the amount of forward runs. I realise this puts more strain on Candeias, but we are too weak down the right side when JT moves out of position.

On the left, its fine as long as they don't switch the play quickly. We get caught out when Jack/Dorrans is covering the right side and then there's a sudden switch of play. They can't then get across quickly enough to support John on that side (assuming LW is still injured). Of course, we do have the option of using two holding players, but that's going to leave Morelos unsupported, and he's not the best at holding up play. If we do have two holding players, the only option I can see is to play Miller with Morelos. He's not my favourite player, but his workrate and holding of the ball might be required. Either way, this is going to be one tough game. I just hope we can impose our style of play on some of the game as I'd like to see how well we compete during those moments. If we can demonstrate that PC's style can work against Celtic, it's then down to being more consistent, and perhaps improving the quality of players in some key positions.

Decent points you raise ?