Are we justified in parking the bus on Saturday

After watching the goals on Sportscene again last night I hope the first thing Pedro does this morning is grab Alves Cordoso Tavernier and Candeias by the ear and march them into the video room and show them their woeful defending. I hope he turns to them one by one and says"What the **** were you doing. If we defend like that against the tims then look out for another disaster. Alves may think he is playing at the level of lower league Portuguese football but his defending was amateur level.

Edited by pete

After watching the goals on Sportscene again last night I hope the first thing Pedro does this morning is grab Alves Cordoso Tavernier and Candeias by the ear and march them into the video room and show them their woeful defending. I hope he turns to them one by one and says"What the **** were you doing. If we defend like that against the tims then look out for another disaster. Alves may think he is playing at the level of lower league Portuguese football but his defending was amateur level.

Agree with you on that Pete. I suspect Alves is not as good as he thinks he is or perhaps Cardozo is making him nervous? We will find out how good they all are on Saturday. I can't say I'm overly confident about tomorrow night either tbh? Thistle will be well up for a fight.

Wallace,Rossiter and Niko all likely to miss OF game.

Could try Hardie up with Morelos tomorrow as Herrera looks to be as good as Dodoo and look where he is.

Pena still an unknown quantity/quality maybe should be given more game time tomorrow as well.

All in all while team is still trying to gel everything seems to be in a state of flux.

Wallace,Rossiter and Niko all likely to miss OF game.

Could try Hardie up with Morelos tomorrow as Herrera looks to be as good as Dodoo and look where he is.

Pena still an unknown quantity/quality maybe should be given more game time tomorrow as well.

All in all while team is still trying to gel everything seems to be in a state of flux.

Hardie and Pena on from the start with Morelos,let’s see their mettle from the start.

I completely understand the points made about Alves' defending, but having looked at the replays I'm still not sure what the best decisions were (without the benefit of hindsight). There were too many instances where he was sliding across to cover John's position. Cardoso also moves over but Tav didn't. It's strange but I wouldn't even blame Tav because he needed Candeias to cover Tav's own man, and because he didn't, Tav decided to take the risk and leave the gap. Maybe it's better if no one slides across but this is the issue I see in all levels of football. If one player doesn't do his job, others can be made look stupid or like they're doing something wrong.

It's equally true with the goal where we tried to play them offside. Alves moves out to play them offside, but Tav was definitely sleeping and missed it. Something as simple as that caused the goal. I don't blame Alves for that. They need to establish trust in one another to do their own jobs. Alves clearly has that trust, forgetting that he's not playing with the same calibre of player with us, but he'll have to now think harder and make different types of decisions when they don't do what they're supposed to.

Having said that, Alves should now recognise the relative inexperience of the players he's got with him and start taking more control in certain situations. For example, he allowed Cardoso to put in the challenge leading up to their free kick and goal. Cardoso then let it bounce twice so I'm wondering if Alves will take such a chance again. I imagine not, and unfortunately that's where problems occur when two players attack the same ball. It tends to happen out of mistrust for their fellow teammate rather than the lack of a loud and clear shout to claim it.

Going but what is known now, we'll probably line up with Tav, Cardoso, Alves and John in defence, have Jack as the DM; Miller, Dorrans, Pena, and Candeias in front of him, with Herrera the lone striker.

You would drop Morelos ?????

Need to try and make them play back the way. 3 at the back. 5 midfield. Herrera and Morelos up front. Use our midfield to press and a bit more back to front long ball. Their central defence is weak. I'd actually have one player to sit on Brown.

Must maintain a goal threat. Parking the bus and losing is worse than having a go. Plus I don't think it will work. The racist and Armstrong can pop them in from outside the box and parking the buss will mean free kicks in dangerous positions.

Need to keep believing in ourselves.

You would drop Morelos ?????

My bad ... I had Morelos on the left side of the attacking three midfielders ... but thought that Miller will play anyway, no matter what. Fingers were quicker than the mind. I'd have Morelos as the central strikerif Miller's out on the left.

I would not be surprised if some Yahoo will be given the task to get Morelos sent-off with a bit of heinous talk and tackling ...

My bad ... I had Morelos on the left side of the attacking three midfielders ... but thought that Miller will play anyway, no matter what. Fingers were quicker than the mind. I'd have Morelos as the central strikerif Miller's out on the left.

I would not be surprised if some Yahoo will be given the task to get Morelos sent-off with a bit of heinous talk and tackling ...

Morelos should ALWAYS be the central striker, he is the only one who continually offers a proper goal threat - sticking him out wide would be criminal, even if it is the wide side of a front 3.