Partick Thistle v Rangers - Player ratings

Alnwick - 8

Man of the match. Would have no problem in him keeping his place for the weekend.

Tavernier - 5

The usual, decent going forward, exposed defensively.

Cardoso - 6

Poor first half, improved when McCrorie came on. The concern is that he looks as vulnerable as Kiernan when strikers run at him.

Alves - 5

I can only imagine that he felt the injury early on, as that was his poorest match for us.

John - 7

Hope that we are taking to him about signing a pre-contract in January. Decent all round game and hope that he can shake of his injury before Saturday

Candeias - 7

Very quiet first half, but you can't argue with a goal and two assists.

Jack - 6

Tidy and efficient as always, really like this boy. Surprised that he is not one of Pedro's 5 captains.

Dorrans - 7

Better as the game went on and do think that he would be more useful further forward.

Windass - 4

If he bottles it against Thistle, how is he going to be against them? I keep on hearing about the player in there, but to be charitable, it only rarely comes out and even then, it is in fits and starts.

Pena - 6

His passing game leaves a lot to be desired and against better teams, we could be exposed by the quick break from his mistakes. However, no question that he does carry a goal threat and the Celtic central defenders are as bad as Cardoso when players run at them. Pena could be the X factor.

Morelos - 6

Worked hard to try to find space, and probably should have scored, but hopefully he is saving it for the weekend!

Subs :

Hodson - 6

Did ok, but certainly hope that John is fit by the weekend.

Holt - 7

I actually thought we looked more solid when he came on.

Herrera - 7

A goal and an assist, good return for 30 minutes of work!

McCrorie - 8

Love it when the youngsters get a run out, and particularly when they do well. He looks like a very calm lad, and definitely wasn't out of place. In fact, you can see that he is the captain of the U20's as he wasn't shy when shouting out instructions.

Alnwick - 9 excellent match and just shades MOTM ahead of DJ

Tavernier - 6 we all know what to expect, can't fault his comittment

Cardoso - 6 um, still not sure that he is any better than Kiernan, Saturday will be his big test.

Alves - 6 Agree that this was probably his poorest match thus far but still better than Cardoso

John - 8 Terrific match going forward and was a constant threat until subbed, hope he is ok for Sat.

Candeias - 7 Had an indifferent match, still better than on Friday night, took goal well and i won't dwell on the miss.

Jack - 6 Efficient enough, appeared to go missing for long spells but that's expected in the role that he plays.

Dorrans - 7 Better performance from him and improved as the game went on, showed good energy in the later stages.

Windass - 4 I'm in the not for me camp with him, flatters to deceive, promises so much when he gets his head up and runs but delivers very little.

Pena - 7 Like most folk i've been waiting for him to get a starting place all season and does impress me with his runs into the box, will only get better as the season progresses and a must start on Sat.

Morelos - 6 Not as effective as in previous matches although i thought he was unlucky on a couple of occasions last night, his ball retention and passing is improving with each match.

Subs :

Hodson - 6 Thought he did well once the defence settled into extra time.

Holt - 6 Full on energy and helped close down thistle further up the park which in turn forced errors from the opposition.

Herrera - 6 Thought he looked pretty decent and took his goal well although in the initial build up and cross he could have had a tap in if his positional sense was better.

McCrorie - 6 Looks like being a real good prospect, good in the air and on the ground, think he will cope ok if required on Sat.

I am bamboozled by these high ratings for John. I must have been watching a different match!

I didn't think he was anything special in the game, but he was better than most others. I gave him a 7.

Edited by Rousseau