TRO: Rangers must start winning or a big question will need answered

You'd think if we drop any more than 3 or 4 points from those 8 matches, he'll be struggling to hold on.

That depends on particular results.

Matches against Aberdeen and St Johnstone are key.

Winning both would make the league table look quite different.

Aberdeen, Hibernian and Celtic all play each other during this period too.

It's exactly the same scenario with any new manager. How many times are we going to do this? New manager new team every season? Every 6 months? In my view we're just a couple of months into the Pedro reign as the tail end of last season wasn't his team. This now is his team. Is that how long we give a new manager to build and bed in a new team? One window and a couple of months?

It's not enough.

how long do you think it takes to work out if a manager isn't working?

A bare minimum of a season and ideally up to a season and a half encompassing 2 summer windows. The alternative is eternally returning to square one which is where we would be right now if some were humoured.

We would have a new manager looking to bring in a new team in as little as two two games far less two months.

I think Pedro will be given to the end of the season & I'm confident we'll get second place in the league providing he:-

1) dropsKenny Miller

2) plays 2 up front in a 3-5-2 formation so as we can score more goals

3) sorts out the poor quality down the left side of the team. Ditch Windass & replace Lee Wallace too as he's surviving on past reputation.

At long last we are starting to have players in the team with real resale value. That is encouraging. You couldn't say that about Warburton's EFL1 side we had this time last year

A bare minimum of a season and ideally up to a season and a half encompassing 2 summer windows. The alternative is eternally returning to square one which is where we would be right now if some were humoured.

We would have a new manager looking to bring in a new team in as little as two two games far less two months.

or you could get a very very good manager to organise and manage what is already there to better effect with no spend.

or you could get a very very good manager to organise and manage what is already there to better effect with no spend.

So if you can get a "very very good manager" for "no spend" and get all those Mexicans and Portugese to happily play for him go for it. Send your recommendation to Ibrox.

Would "very,very good managers" be willing to take on the "poison chalice" that we are just now with of field problems still bubbling in the background I doubt it.

Pedro must be given at least a season/season and a half to get thing right.

IMHO we have the makings of a decent team/squad.

So if you can get a "very very good manager" for "no spend" and get all those Mexicans and Portugese to happily play for him go for it. Send your recommendation to Ibrox.

you will get no argument from me there i.e. where exactly do we go next

but to suggest this guy has a clue what he's doing or needs 18 month in the job to prove it is fanciful

you will get no argument from me there i.e. where exactly do we go next

but to suggest this guy has a clue what he's doing or needs 18 month in the job to prove it is fanciful

Anybody needs time especially so in such a unique situation and two months is nothing like enough time. Mourinho hardly set the heather alight in his first season at Old Trafford despite a financial advantage over most of the opposition plus the Man U name making it easier to attract players but has them playing now.

And I think to suggest a 46 year old man who has been in coaching since he was 28 years old has no idea what he is doing is more than fanciful. If it all begins to click over the next few weeks will you then think wow it's amazing how this total idiot who has been in coaching for 18 years and hasn't a clue how to run a team suddenly managed to do so?

The directors and those behind the scenes will have a much more informed opinion on this than us. We see results and performances. They'll see everything, the work being done on the training pitch, the attitude and demeanour of the players, the contact with other staff, the general mood about the place, the changes he's made, the promises being kept and the targets being reached plus there are always things going on that fans never hear about that will affect the squad and the manager. Has Pedro settled, has his wife, his staff and their families? What about the players, who is carrying an injury, struggling to train, not adapting to the culture, sulking at not getting a game, building up huge gambling debts and so on. Ally McCoist gets stick from some supporters now, but I recall a friend of mine who works for Rangers talking about McCoist when we first went into Administration. The time he took with the 'staff', the trouble he went too for them, the understanding he showed for people on normal salaries facing real hardship if they lost their jobs. Most of them would have done anything for Ally after that and he'd their total respect. The point I'm making is those ultimately responsible for hiring and firing Pedro will see the big picture, which might look much better, or much worse, than the one we see.