Trouble with Club 1872 Working Group?

Couldn’t care less who RFV is but they contacted the reg who made 1872 backtrack.

As for the working party resigning en masse,cg just happened to be passing through swanning about like he owns Ibrox ?

So because a bunch of anonymous people say they contacted the regulator and made Club 1872 backtrack you believe them?

If you do i apologise , however as im a betting man i would wager you dont have a life membership .

No need to apologise because I'm not a life member. But that also doesn't mean I made some kind of decision that doesn't directly affect me - I was giving my opinion, not telling you what you had to do.

whether these should or shouldnt have been sold is not the issue , its whether the terms of the agreement between a supporters org and a fan should be honoured , it really is that simple , oh abd finally just to point out , its the club secretary whos at the heart of this mess , yet again .

Nobody said that the issue is whether they should or shouldn't be sold. They SHOULD be sold as it generates money which ends up in the club. The issue is fairly simplistic though - if the regulator says you can't bequeath them then they cant be heritable. That then raises the question of whether they were mis-presented as heritable - that being the case they should allow people to obtain refunds as they were sold something that the organization couldn't legitimately offer. So, if they offer refunds you then have that choice to make between whether you bought the life membership primarily because you could pass it on when you die or if you bought it to primarily help the club.

Mistakes are easily made, though somewhat harder to accept from a lawyer. Seems JB may be one of those polarizing individuals - we have too many like that involved in the club unfortunately.

It's pretty clear that Club1872 hasn't been the success some of us had hoped for. But it's also obvious there are elements within our own support who are determined to disrupt it for whatever agenda.

I just wish we could all unite on something other than hating Celtic.

It's pretty clear that Club1872 hasn't been the success some of us had hoped for. But it's also obvious there are elements within our own support who are determined to disrupt it for whatever agenda.

I just wish we could all unite on something other than hating Celtic.

I would say it has been a resounding success where it counts , in buying shares , over 10% is amazing , where I and many others , inc plgsarmy , if shes truthful , are concerned is in the behind the scenes carry ons that have blighted it this year in particular . However getting Joanne and Laura back was a massive step in the right direction , however that was off set by losing Iain Leiper aka D'artagnan. The other 4 that left were of no loss what so ever and thankfully after the next elections , the root cause of all the problems will also be gone.

Reasonable post. I think another issue is we all expect/want different things from Club1872.

But you are spot on about the share ownership - it is the main reason for Club1872 and has been a success.

The people being arsey on this thread have actually convinced me to join up.

Very easy to do i must say. Nice set up and good to get to choose how your money is spent.

Good to have you aboard young skywalker

I would say it has been a resounding success where it counts , in buying shares , over 10% is amazing , where I and many others , inc plgsarmy , if shes truthful , are concerned is in the behind the scenes carry ons that have blighted it this year in particular . However getting Joanne and Laura back was a massive step in the right direction , however that was off set by losing Iain Leiper aka D'artagnan. The other 4 that left were of no loss what so ever and thankfully after the next elections , the root cause of all the problems will also be gone.

I've accumulated a number of shares in the club, initially out of a sense of loyalty in the first issue and then progressively after the price fell significantly. I consciously avoided the RF and RST schemes simply because I prefer to make my own decisions and plough my own furrow. I fully expect to see the value of my investment crippled by the dilution of a future share issue but, since I have no pretence at influencing anything at the club, it won't disappoint me too much. If the deal is right I might even take up the next share offer.

Which brings me to a question that you look best placed to answer. Its a genuine question and I've no wish to grind axes over it. It's this. While I'm happy to accept your assertion that 10% shareholding is an impressive total, are you saying that the accumulation of those share is the achievement - or is it something that only the ownership of those share allows Club1872 to do? If it's the former, will Club1872 be able to fund 10% of any future share issue or (like me) is it prepared to see its shareholding diluted. If it's the latter, what are the specific achievements Club1872 has achieved or hopes to achieve in the future as a result of its shareholding?

These are probably quite obvious points to those of you who have followed the emergence of Club1872 but, as I've said before, I've paid little attention to it this far.

Edit: I should perhaps add that I did place my own shares at the discretion of Vanguardbears in terms of voting privileges.

Edited by Bill

I've accumulated a number of shares in the club, initially out of a sense of loyalty in the first issue and then progressively after the price fell significantly. I consciously avoided the RF and RST schemes simply because I prefer to make my own decisions and plough my own furrow. I fully expect to see the value of my investment crippled by the dilution of a future share issue but, since I have no pretence at influencing anything at the club, it won't disappoint me too much. If the deal is right I might even take up the next share offer.

Which brings me to a question that you look best placed to answer. Its a genuine question and I've no wish to grind axes over it. It's this. While I'm happy to accept your assertion that 10% shareholding is an impressive total, are you saying that the accumulation of those share is the achievement - or is it something that only the ownership of those share allows Club1872 to do? If it's the former, will Club1872 be able to fund 10% of any future share issue or (like me) is it prepared to see its shareholding diluted. If it's the latter, what are the specific achievements Club1872 has achieved or hopes to achieve in the future as a result of its shareholding?

These are probably quite obvious points to those of you who have followed the emergence of Club1872 but, as I've said before, I've paid little attention to it this far.

Edit: I should perhaps add that I did place my own shares at the discretion of Vanguardbears in terms of voting privileges.

Hi Bill , like your good self i had a significant shareholding in oldco which i lost , ive also bought privately but i came to the realisation that small investors/fans would never be able to influence any owner of our great club.

Thats why i joined the RST and their gersave scheme but the apathy of the fans as usual , at that time never really got behind that .

When RF started it was at a time i believe that was perfect to capture the fans , ie we were in a bad bad way as everyone knows .

To your question , the shareholding % represent signicant triggers , the ability to call an EGM , the ability to stop one individual from being taking us over lock stock and barrel and eventually the ability to take us over , and at 25.1% we can block special resolutions if we feel they are not in the clubs interests .

I believe that club1872 have enough cash to keep their % in any future share offer and with approx 7300 active members are bringing in a minimum of £36000 pcm , but this may be split depending on what members chose to do , ie shares , projects or a mixture .

I probably like you did not invest to make money , rangers is simply , after my family my life , like hundreds of thousands of otjets .