Charlton boss Karl Robinson explains loanee Joe Dodoo's bench warming role

Charlton boss Karl Robinson says forward Joe Dodoo has not done enough to merit a start for the side.

The Ghanaian, who the League One side on deadline day, has struggled for a starting berth.

The 22-year-old scored on his debut against Oldham but has seen since limited opportunities.

admits Joe Dodoo has not done enough to warrant a start for the League One side.

And Robinson said: “He’s come on in the last few games and when you come on, you have to have an impact.

“So you bring Tariqe Fosu off, who’s probably one of our best players. You bring one of our leading goal scorers off who’s just scored a worldie.

“I felt what we had on the pitch was enough to win the game. But it wasn’t to be.

“I feel there’s more to come from Joe. There’s a settling in period that every player goes through.

“He needs to settle down, get used to the club, what we’re trying to do, travelling and playing games again.

“And then he’ll be a better player for that. But at this moment in time, I feel that what we’re doing is right and at the end of the day it’s my decision.”

http://ghanasoccernet.com/charlton-boss-karl-robinson-explains-loanee-joe-dodoos-bench-warming-role

You wonder if its an attitude thing. Whenever Ive seen him he always looks decent.

Other players who left in the summer - Waghorn had a worldy the other night, scored one and set up 3 as Ipswich beat Sunderland 5-2. Think he has got 5 goals in 7 games.

I can't say I'm too surprised.

Anyone else?

Yes, I am. I really thought he'd do well in that league. He seemed to score every time he played for us. However, it does -- as others have stated -- perhaps suggests an attitude problem, and certainly explains why he wasn't quite getting the games for us.

I can't say I'm too surprised.

Anyone else?

No, I think it was fairly predictable. Dodoo seems to lack maturity. I think he would be a difficult player to manage, continually needing his belly rubbed.