New Sevco Begging Film

We should have a 500th Anniversary of the Reformation banner at Murrayfield and no Bear should buy a ticket for the Piggery. I went when I was younger but I grew up and realised what filth they are...I wouldn't give them a gram of my p'ss, never mind £40odd quid.

Edited by Gonzo79

How can you prove it that they gained a sporting advantage?

In much the same vein - how can you prove WE gained sporting advantage with EBT's ? There is no solid proof that we got players we couldn't otherwise have received - SDM had a spend spend spend policy at the time - there is no saying that he wouldn't have just said "screw it, we want him, pay the extra that would have been saved in an EBT".

I don't think there can be any doubt that covering up such atrocities was for sporting advantage. What other reason is there for covering it up as an institution ? Reputational damage ? That also links to sporting advantage. They would undoubtedly have lost kids in their boys club had they allowed the truth to come out, and that in itself means sporting advantage.

I hope Kelly and his cohorts are brought to justice for their part but I will be shocked if CFC get any punishment. I will also be honest that the people getting punished is more important to me than the club getting punished.

I'm quite honestly astounded you see it that way pete.

Absolutely agree that the individuals should be punished. But by NOT punishing the clubs involved you are effectively telling them that it is acceptable to institutionally cover up such heinous acts without recrimination. No way should that be allowed. I think it is every bit as important to punish the clubs because they are the ones who have these young children under their guidance and it is the club, first and foremost, that the parents and children place their trust in.

That relationship should be beyond reproach - so if there has been any ignoring of such a sacred relationship then it is just as important that the club be punished as the individual.

Even if systematic child sex abuse is proven at the Glitterdome there will be absolutely no punishment of that club. I'll guarantee it.

I don't think there was systematic abuse there.....individuals yes

however I think there was a systematic cover up.....the evidence of Hugh Birt in court points to this.....it's all documented...

."Jock Stein and the Celtic board covered up allegations made against Boys' Club founder Jim Torbett…… He (witness Hugh Birt) told how he took the allegations against Torbett to the Celtic board and Stein and even told the then vice-chairman, Kevin Kelly, about them at a meeting…… I was told by Jock Stein to keep the name of Celtic Football Club clean at all times." Scotland on Sunday 18/8/96

Edited by colinstein