[FT] St. Johnstone 0 - 3 Rangers (Pena 27, 78; Dorrans 85)

A 0-3 in any league at anytime is a good result.

I felt from kick off to final whistle we were in complete control.

Dorrans was majestic ,Bruno commanding and wee Holt worked his socks off.

Pena may have scored two goals ,however he still seems to look clumsy and awkward.

It cannot be fitness ,maybe he is just to anxious to please and needs to just calm down a bit.

Morelos ran about as usual and what some maybe don’t see his the runs he makes making room for others.

All round I am happy and the more we play the better we will get.

Left Mid still a concern.

St Johnstone 0-3 Rangers: Wright takes issue with first Anderson yellow

St Johnstone manager Tommy Wright disputed the first of Steven Anderson's two yellow cards during the 3-0 defeat by Rangers at McDiarmid Park.

Captain Anderson's initial booking came after he and Rangers skipper Bruno Alves were reprimanded by referee Don Robertson for tussling at a corner.Anderson was cautioned for the second time for a tug on Alfredo Morelos.

"Steven Anderson at the corner is only leaning into Alves, which he's entitled to do," Wright told BBC Scotland.

"He's just backing into him and Alves tries to drag him to the ground. He pulls him round. Alves is the aggressor. Steven then walks to get back into position and, all right, bumps into Alves.

"The referee's saying it's aggressive behaviour. If that's aggressive behaviour, I think a lot of players will be in trouble."Second one, Steven gets wrong side, gives Morelos a chance to go down. I thought he went down easy all night. It's probably the right decision from the referee but the first one surely can't be a yellow card or we'll be dishing them out left, right and centre."

Carlos Pena scored twice from James Tavernier crosses, with Graham Dorrans rounding off the win.Despite a second successive 3-0 loss, Wright felt his side had improved from the defeat by Aberdeen.

"Overall, I was happy with the performance," added the Northern Irishman. "It was a good response from the Aberdeen performance. Ultimately, it's a defeat and it's one we've got to learn from.

"It's not a 3-0, I thought we were very good. Their only opportunity in the first half is a decent cross which we should've dealt with better."We got into really good positions, got in behind them. Our final ball let us down all night. We must have been well into double digits in corners, so that tells you we were on the front foot and we were putting them under pressure but we lacked that bit of quality in the final third and that killer touch that would've given us a goal at 1-0.

"We probably deserved to be back in the game."For 70 minutes, I thought we probably edged the game overall but the sending-off killed us really. Good players, space then go on and create more opportunities and 3-0 probably flatters them a little bit."At 1-0, with the sending-off, it totally changes."

The ref should have booked a number of players in the first 20 mins, but nothing. Windass gets one for net to nothing. Being lenient or "we are playing a men's game" is one thing, but Saints were fouling people all over the place and nothing happened. Right before our opening goal, Holt was floored from behind and there was no suggestion in the body language of the ref that he was actually playing advantage. As has been said with regards to Strachan, if the physical approach is hailed as something sacred for the Scottish game, it will remain in trouble for some time to come. Young McCrorie showed the other day that you can be a robust player without being technically inadequate for the modern game.

Great win, I actually think with Dorrans playing this well and Pena grabbing goals, possibly better with Holt instead of Jack as he looks to play it more forward, we could beat the Yahoo!'s at the moment with their 2 main midfielders missing.

Edited by scotjo

Is Morelos running/dragging players out of position etc. not a practice we used to load praise onto a certain player who now seems to be many on here's public enemy number one.As we all know Morelos is still learning but doing so, very well, ,thanks KM.

Is Morelos running/dragging players out of position etc. not a practice we used to load praise onto a certain player who now seems to be many on here's public enemy number one.As we all know Morelos is still learning but doing so, very well, ,thanks KM.

Smashing point MacK! I noticed that last night as he was pulling there CHs all over the place. We are I a good place at the moment so let’s enjoy the weekend and get focused on next Sunday after.

It's nice to wake up on a Saturday morning knowing Rangers have three points this weekend.

Pena is a strange one - looks all over the place at times but his goals to games ratio is pretty bloody good.

Shows how much I know. I was actually pleased with Pena's performance last night. Apart from the obvious contribution of his goals, his ability to find space in a crowded midfield is very impressive. His aerial ability is excellent and his general work rate was much improved. I'm beginning to think we might have found a diamond.