[FT] St. Johnstone 0 - 3 Rangers (Pena 27, 78; Dorrans 85)

I'd like to see McCrorie get a few games with Alves. I think we've missed Alves' leadership, and his forward passes.

Just because we go with two forwards -- Herrera and Morelos, as has been suggested -- doesn't mean we're more likely to score goals. IMO, we have a better balance when we play a 4-2-3-1, with Pena pushing forward. Marking a static forward in Herrera is easier than the continually-in-motion Pena. We'll certainly need the defensive stability too.

Jack is a huge loss. Holt can do a job, but I do fear Saints' physicality. I'd like to see Barjonas get some game-time too -- can he come in for Jack, or is he more offensive? It perhaps doesn't solve the physical deficiency, though.

RANGERS take on St Johnstone tomorrow night and we’ve pulled together everything about the fixture in one handy place.

CLUB INFO:

FORMED: 1884

NICKNAME: The Saints

STADIUM: McDiarmid Park

GROUND CAPACITY: 10,696

PITCH SIZE: 105m x 68m

MANAGER: Tommy Wright

MATCH INFO:

REFEREE: Don Robertson

ASSISTANTS: Alasdair Ross, Ralph Gordon

FOURTH OFFICIAL: Greg Aitkin

KICK OFF: 19:45

VENUE: McDiarmid Park

COMPETITION: Ladbokes Premiership

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/opposition-focus-st-johnstone-5/

I'd like to see McCrorie get a few games with Alves. I think we've missed Alves' leadership, and his forward passes.

Just because we go with two forwards -- Herrera and Morelos, as has been suggested -- doesn't mean we're more likely to score goals. IMO, we have a better balance when we play a 4-2-3-1, with Pena pushing forward. Marking a static forward in Herrera is easier than the continually-in-motion Pena. We'll certainly need the defensive stability too.

Jack is a huge loss. Holt can do a job, but I do fear Saints' physicality. I'd like to see Barjonas get some game-time too -- can he come in for Jack, or is he more offensive? It perhaps doesn't solve the physical deficiency, though.

Who knows. Instead of trying to pass our way through we'd have also (sic!) someone we can aim longer balls too and who can lay these balls of to the three man behind or next to him. And, BTW; having two strikers usually guarantees more trouble for the opposition than having but one. Anyway, I guess PC has his Plan A by which he'll start and makes changes accordingly.