Bayern Munich - Rangers were ‘forced into relegation’

I think people actually miss the point here. The Bayern side actually did it correctly (they simply translated the German word 1-1), while the mhedia next to you (not me) added the naughty bit ...

They also referenced Celtic’s lack of competition in the Premiership and said Rangers were “forced” into relegation in the aftermath of liquidation in 2012.

... and since we don't talk Third Lanark or the like, they heinously inferred that Rangers were liquidated in 2012, and not that this is a) a running process and b) not the club but OldCo. There was no liquidation in 2012 and it sure did not involve "the club". That is what the Scottish media in recent articles neatly mixes together.

Edited by der Berliner

I think people actually miss the point here. The Bayern side actually did it correctly (they simply translated the German word 1-1), while the mhedia next to you (not me) added the naughty bit ...

... and since we don't talk Third Lanark or the like, they heinously inferred that Rangers were liquidated in 2012, and not that this is a) a running process and b) not the club but OldCo. There was no liquidation in 2012 and it sure did not involve "the club". That is what the Scottish media in recent articles neatly mixes together.

Agree with dB on this. The SMSM take any chance they can to jaundice the truth. It’s so easy the “business” was indeed put into liquidation. However, the club at no point ceased to exist. The club, stadium, fans, fixtures and history continues.

It’s just poisonous resentment and hatred which will never end.

Anyone who says Rangers are a new club is an ignorant nomark. Best ignored or mocked.

Taking them on only emboldens them.

You still miss the point. It is the mhedia that anyone watching on from afar will look at, not some fanboard here and there. And when you google Rangers and every other article that pops up comes from the Daily Record, the Scottish Sun or out of Scrote's keyboards, guess what the message will be? We fought that successfully over here in Germany since 2012 and the German wiki page is clean of any slurs and ill-informed and -meaning conjecture. If the Scottish mhedia ain't chased to the pillars, what the world will know about Rangers will be written by them.

I have tried taking several approaches with Tims who claim we're a new club. I'd state quite honestly that just laughing at them is by far the best response - others only prove to them their factually incorrect claims are gaining traction.

As for people in Munich, Timbuktu or Buenos Aires - it makes little difference what they think about Rangers. We are the same club and this has been confirmed by the football bodies that matter (SFA and UEFA). End of.

Edited by Gonzo79

You still miss the point. It is the mhedia that anyone watching on from afar will look at, not some fanboard here and there. And when you google Rangers and every other article that pops up comes from the Daily Record, the Scottish Sun or out of Scrote's keyboards, guess what the message will be? We fought that successfully over here in Germany since 2012 and the German wiki page is clean of any slurs and ill-informed and -meaning conjecture. If the Scottish mhedia ain't chased to the pillars, what the world will know about Rangers will be written by them.

You're right. They should be 'pushed-back ' on at every occurrence.

I have tried taking several approaches with Tims who claim we're a new club. I'd state quite honestly that just laughing at them is by far the best response - others only prove to them their factually incorrect claims are gaining traction.

As for people in Munich, Timbuktu or Buenos Aires - it makes little difference what they think about Rangers. We are the same club and this has been confirmed by the football bodies that matter (SFA and UEFA). End of.

I just laugh. First time it was a genuine reaction and it worked a treat.

Its one of these things. No one important believes it so it doesnt matter.

I just laugh. First time it was a genuine reaction and it worked a treat.

Its one of these things. No one important believes it so it doesnt matter.

Important enough people believe the lies and propaganda about us to be forced down three divisions (when it should have been something like a 20 point penalty in the SPL), fined, lost prize money, had illegal transfer embargos, had threats to our trophies, had TV deals structured so that we got next to nothing, were made toxic enough to be taken over by charletons who bled us dry, which all left us financially disabled and also the focus of all the hate in Scotland which is still affecting our results via influenced referees and compliance officers. It also leaves the fans without any form of reasonable media coverage of the club.

But I suppose if you laugh at it, it doesn't really matter... ;)