Tims and us...false memory syndrome ?

I suspect it was more likely that some Bears might've supported them in a Euro final in the 60s. My dad told me he definitely wanted Inter to win the '67 European Cup Final.

My opinion now is that no real Bear would ever support Celtic in any match, unless Rangers directly benefited from it.

I suspect it was more likely that some Bears might've supported them in a Euro final in the 60s. My dad told me he definitely wanted Inter to win the '67 European Cup Final.

My opinion now is that no real Bear would ever support Celtic in any match, unless Rangers directly benefited from it.

Even then I would struggle!

well you start out before the game like that.....but when you watch it on the telly even the most hard hearted got to feel a bit for them...even though you'd never show it in public of course!

mind watching that Lisbon game wi' ma da....weans gathered round the black and white telly........we were all bluenoses except him..and when Concorde equalised we cheered ...can't remember who scored the winner but we all celebrated.

there were some of the people who wanted them to get beat

there were tims who hoped we'd get beat

but most of the tims and us I knew were supportive...obviously we took the pish out each other

Even watching them makes me feel a bit sick. I never watch Celtc unless they're playing us or I've been informed they're being beaten comfortably in a European match.

My wife once asked me why I didn't have the midweek football on. I replied, "It's Celtc, I wouldn't pollute my living room with that filth.".

Even watching them makes me feel a bit sick. I never watch Celtic unless they're playing us or I've been informed they're being beaten comfortably in a European match.

My wife once asked me why I didn't have the midweek football on. I replied, "It's Celtc, I wouldn't pollute my living room with that filth.".

You'll be seeing them quite a lot then.......

Edited by Uilleam

Don't recall the 67 final but remember the 70 one well.

Me, me brothers and dad around the tele.

I mind when Israel scored my dad got the brush out and banged on the ceiling to noise up the tims above.

Don't mind ever hoping they did well EVER....

For me, a long time ago I wanted all Scottish teams to do well, on two provisos. Firstly that they didn't do better than Rangers and secondly, they didn't get to a semi-final.

I thought it was good for Scotland and Scottish football as a whole, and for a time indirectly good for us in the revamped coefficient system.

If our teams did well, it would also keep the normally huge amount of supercilious disparagement of Scottish football in general and Rangers in particular (as by far the most successful club at the time), from English footie fans to a more tolerable level.

However, now I want them all to be thrashed and put out at the first attempt and indeed if any of them went bust like Gretna and Third Lanark, I would probably enjoy a good dose of schadenfreude.