Fight Fire With Fire - Name and Shame Referees

So after Celtic’s victory at the weekend, Rogers has come out and slated the referee.

In a match that Rangers should have been playing against 9 men at most, why are we not out lambasting the referee?

Rodgers can do it with no consequence so why the hell are we not doing it week-in, week-out as pretty much every game has been an absolute disgrace, culminating with one of our players suffering a serious broken nose. We NEED to start speaking out. There is absolutely no point in continuing to play if we don’t. I would actually be delighted if Rangers states they were sitting out the next match until our players can be guaranteed adequate protection via an official overseeing the game to the rules.

Because we have a weak willed board who aren't up to the job IMHO , it seems they are scared shitless to stand up for us , such a sad pathetic situation we have found ourselves in .

It needs to be raised and spoken about publicly. Rangers the club would be held in some sort of contempt, we'd be bringing the game into disrepute if we refused to take to the field we'd get fined and probably docked points. However the players do have a right to industrial action via the players union. If there is little evidence of the laws of the game being enforced as they should be when we do take to the field then it would be interesting/funny if they played until the ball goes out of play in our favour either a corner, goalkick, freekick or throw in and simply sit down and refuse to restart the play. It would probably result in the same actions on the part of the SFA/SPL but it would be a very definite player statement with regards to safety in the work place and also funny AF to boot.

It would not be unreasonable for Rangers to state publically that we hold the referees accountable for the safety of our players where they do not uphold the laws of the game in a reasonable manner , to list the incidents in certain matches we have been concerned about (you wouldn’t even have to name the referee) and ask the SFA what instruction and advice they intend to offer to referees to improve the situation. There comes a point where the club has a duty of care to its employees.

The difference is Rogers slated the ref after they'd won. You'll never get any cred if you do it after you lose

Brenda and the PR machine are at it as usual. They know what’s happening to our players and the assaults being facilitated by the officials. They are creating doubt amongst others as the officials aparent bias against Rangers is so blatant. It creates the perception that they are suffering too.

It makes me sick to the stomach to listen to this walking “dental hate crime” talk about poor refereeing after winning 4-2!

Couldn’t agree more re name and shame. Will it happen though? We need to stand up to this, people’s livelihoods and health are dependent on it. Players are being seriously hurt.

Edited by cooponthewing

Brenda and the PR machine are at it as usual. They know what’s happening to our players and the assaults being facilitated by the officials. They are creating doubt amongst others as the officials aparent bias against Rangers is so blatant. It creates the perception that they are suffering too.

It makes me sick to the stomach to listen to this walking “dental hate crime” talk about poor refereeing after winning 4-2!

Couldn’t agree more re name and shame. Will it happen though? We need to stand up to this, people’s livelihoods and health are dependent on it. Players are being seriously hurt.

Let's not get paranoid I am pretty sure Celtic players get their fair share of meaty tackles. There are bad referee's in every country and every referee in the world makes mistakes. There will be some biased referee's and it is also possible some may be bought but Rangers need to question all bad refereeing and not come away with the them and us victim playing it just weakens the argument.

Let's not get paranoid I am pretty sure Celtic players get their fair share of meaty tackles. There are bad referee's in every country and every referee in the world makes mistakes. There will be some biased referee's and it is also possible some may be bought but Rangers need to question all bad refereeing and not come away with the them and us victim playing it just weakens the argument.

With regards to forming a coherent, acceptable argument to might say you have a point. Alternatively you could also say you are dodging the real issue as you are afraid of the reaction?

If and when Pedro goes Pete, this problem will still be here. This is happening and no amount of telling folk they are paranoid will change it. All it does is comfort those who refuse to accept what is staring them in the face.

With regards to forming a coherent, acceptable argument to might say you have a point. Alternatively you could also say you are dodging the real issue as you are afraid of the reaction?

If and when Pedro goes Pete, this problem will still be here. This is happening and no amount of telling folk they are paranoid will change it. All it does is comfort those who refuse to accept what is staring them in the face.

Exactly. That is what I think - what is the point with a new manager when he will face the same problem.

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers' sympathy for Rangers' Pedro Caixinha

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers has sympathy for his opposite number at Rangers, Pedro Caixinha, over "poor authority" from officials on Sunday.

Rangers were knocked out of the League Cup at Hampden a day after Celtic had won their semi-final at the national stadium.

Caixinha was sent to the stand for his anger at a challenge on defender Fabio Cardoso, who suffered a broken nose.

Rodgers says he "could see why Pedro was probably annoyed".

And the Northern Irishman said: "There was a couple of decisions yesterday that would've worried me. I thought the authority from the officials in the game was poor.

"You play in that level of game, I could see why Pedro was probably annoyed."There was a couple of incidents there that went unpunished. You maybe would've got away with that in the '80s, but certainly not now. It certainly shouldn't have been the case.

"But, you've got to give credit. The boy (Louis) Moult scores his goals. First one, read it well in the box and his second was a brilliant finish."It'll be a great final and obviously delighted for Motherwell to get through because they've started the season very well."

Motherwell's Ryan Bowman was booked in the first half at Hampden for connecting with Cardoso with his elbow. In the second half the forward escaped punishment when he broke the same player's nose with his arm as the pair contested a high ball.

"I have seen the player involved in the incidents, in similar incidents," Rodgers continued.

"I saw an incident with Kieran Tierney at Parkhead last season that went unpunished.

"We all want our team to be aggressive and committed but there is a line and that is up to the officials to see that and act accordingly.

"You want a physical game but you also want officials to stamp out anything that goes beyond that and I felt yesterday lacked authority in terms of officiating.

"You have to make it as uncomfortable as you can for the opponent but if it goes beyond that and it becomes reckless and you are endangering an opponent then you have to look at it."

Rodgers also revealed he received an apology from linesman Frank Connor, who awarded a controversial penalty against Celtic in their 4-2 semi-final win against Hibernian.

Dedryck Boyata was penalised for what seemed to be a fair tackle on Martin Boyle inside the area.

"Over the two games, I'd be disappointed," said Rodgers when asked for his general thoughts on officiating in Scotland.

"The only thing I would say is that the young linesman came in after the game and apologised. So, that takes courage to do that. He was looking for me but I was at my press conference so I didn't get the chance to speak to him but he came in to apologise and said to Dedryck Boyata that he made a mistake. Thankfully, it didn't cost us."

BBC