When will it be time to go for Pedro?

Do we give the next manager one window and if he doesn't set the heather on fire before the following window bin him and so and so on and so on........?

Too many conveniently forget he inherited MW's EFL1 & EFL2 duds & McCoist's SPL journeymen. They can't all be replaced in one transfer window

Pedro's central defence, central midfield and main striker are all his own signings.

Our inability to get on any sort of run just isn't good enough. I like him and want him to do well but the signs aren't good.

As Bill -- and FS -- touched on above, is the success we want for our team achievable in the course of a window? I'm not sure what those advocating Pedro's removal are hoping for? Many suggest it'll take a few windows, but we don't give them that now -- our minds are made up after our first defeat.

We've had some humiliating results during PC's term. Some of the worst in our club's entire history.

The only 'big game' he's won was at Pittodrie. I don't expect us to win every match but I do expect us to beat a team from Luxemburg, beat Motherwell, beat Hibs at home and give Celtc a tough game. We have achieved none of these.

As Bill -- and FS -- touched on above, is the success we want for our team achievable in the course of a window? I'm not sure what those advocating Pedro's removal are hoping for? Many suggest it'll take a few windows, but we don't give them that now -- our minds are made up after our first defeat.

Our support are in full melt down over this , 1 transfer window he's had , and some of the decisions we've had have been amongst the worst in watching Rangers over 40 years , but let's get big Eck in after all his dealing in the transfer window were legendary , mladenavic anyone

Pedro has to get more out of these players, especially Carlos Peña. It's not good enough for him to only contribute goals.

If we win our matches between now and the Aberdeen matches then I think the manager will be safe enough for a while.

Although the fixtures in December are guaranteed to cause another panic for some.

I have read you several times downplaying the Progres result. It is the worst result in our entire history. Bar none. That cannot be downplayed, nor should it. .

You can view my opinion on that as you like, but what I did, IMHO, is putting it into perspective. Is the Scum's loss in Gibraltar last season still talk of the town? Out there in the world of football, people hardly know of our slip-up and if they do, most will probably accept it as a one-off result of a variety that happens umpteen times across every late summer or early autumn. What people will keep in mind and speak of if it keeps happening on a serial basis ... as we see e.g. with Iceland in the WC qualifiers.

Progres did hurt, but hardly any supporter will dwell on such games or bad losses for long or, indeed, utilize them to underline a point about sacking a manager in the here and now. As various people have pointed out, those results PC sadly accumulated were not solely down to him.

Work sure needs to be done and it is not his job alone to see this period through.

You can view my opinion on that as you like, but what I did, IMHO, is putting it into perspective. Is the Scum's loss in Gibraltar last season still talk of the town? Out there in the world of football, people hardly know of our slip-up and if they do, most will probably accept it as a one-off result of a variety that happens umpteen times across every late summer or early autumn. What people will keep in mind and speak of if it keeps happening on a serial basis ... as we see e.g. with Iceland in the WC qualifiers.

Progres did hurt, but hardly any supporter will dwell on such games or bad losses for long or, indeed, utilize them to underline a point about sacking a manager in the here and now. As various people have pointed out, those results PC sadly accumulated were not solely down to him.

Work sure needs to be done and it is not his job alone to see this period through.

Celtic didn't get knocked out.

Rangers 0 celtic 2 scsf

Rangers 1 celtic 5

Rangers 1 Aberdeen 2

Progres 2 Rangers 0 elq

Rangers 0 celtic 2

Rangers 0 Motherwell 2 lcsf

14 wins, 4 draws and 7 defeats out of Pedro's 25 competitive games. We have not won 3 consecutive games since Pedro took over.

I read a lot of excuses being made for the manager. Pedro is exactly as his CV suggested he would be, mediocre at best. The longer we kid ourselves that he has a chance to turn it round, the further away our recovery stays. It is as clear as day that Pedro is putting everything into this job but getting no consistent performances out of two sets of players, either the ones he inherited or the ones he has brought in. That is down to his lack of managerial talent, pure and simple.

I like him, I like to listen to him speak, I would love him to be a success. He carries himself well, is very dignified and understands what we are all about as a club and support. But what he speaks about doesn't come to fruition on the park. Somehow his vision and ideas are either being ignored or are not understood. That is the manager's job, and he is unable to get it done.

I predicted on day one he wouldnt see his first anniversary, not because I want him to fail, it is because he had no right being appointed by Mr Park and our board. It was a bad gamble on a 100/1 shot with the future of our club (thankfully only our fortunes on the park at risk), and it has failed. The board have backed him loyally and financially, and if they didnt bin him after Progres (which was a no-brainer) they wont bin him after yesterday, and we will continue winning a couple and then not winning, while losing all the big important games. We may still grab second place if Dolly is also inconsistent, but we will not be making progress until we change manager.

Some say can we afford it, I say can we afford not to? Who to bring in i'm asked? Apparently we got around 70 CV's last time even though Pedro was a done deal, get the word out again and we may be surprised by some of the talent out there that would love to manage us.

I dont believe we will make a managerial change, and I dont know what kind of result will be bad enough given some of the results mentioned above were not enough for the board to make a move, and we may well win our next couple of games and think we have turned the corner again, until the next setback. It is, in my opinion, always going to be this long and winding road under Pedro, and inconsistency doesnt get you anywhere, even in Scotland where the level of quality is at an all-time low.

The squad is vastly improved, as it should be with a near £10M outlay, but still short in a few areas. We look defensively much better (not hard after MW) and we look like we have goal threats. We have some better players in midfield. But are we really that much better a team?

At this stage last season under MW, we had 15 points after 9 games, had just lost to celtic in the SF of the league cup. So we are 2 points better off but lost to a provincial club in the SF this time round. Obviously MW didnt have Europe due to the disgraceful performance in the SCF, so we cant compare Euro campaigns, but clearly MW couldnt have done any worse than the worst result in our 145 year history on Pedro's watch. So for £10M have our fortunes improved at all?

the answer's "about 6 months ago"

Edited by jhunter

We've had some humiliating results during PC's term. Some of the worst in our club's entire history.

The only 'big game' he's won was at Pittodrie. I don't expect us to win every match but I do expect us to beat a team from Luxemburg, beat Motherwell, beat Hibs at home and give Celtc a tough game. We have achieved none of these.

The worst results we've had came in SFL3, getting beat by Annan & Peterhead at home and losing to Stirling Albion away whilst their manager was absent because he was getting married.

McCoist didn't see fit to resign then. Why should Caixinha resign after losing a LC semi ?