Rangers statement

One other thing how insulting is it to St Mirren and Morton for what is their big derby game that a referee deemed not good enough for Premier League is somehow deemed fit for this fixture?

They should receive bans from games altogether and get hit in the pocket same way players do.

The other joke is Craig Thomson who recently was also demoted for one whole week is to take charge of the explosive Hearts v Rangers game this weekend,it really is a joke

Edited by Barrheadboy

John Mc - " We need to be careful here. It's not Hearts, or St Johnstone's or Ross County's fault that Scottish referees are poor and quite how boycotting their grounds improves that situation is currently lost on me. "

A couple of questions; when these constantly poor decisions are made against Rangers who is it that benefits ? Certainly not Rangers.

Who is it outside Ibrox who benefits from the Blue Pound ?

Do you forget that it was Celtic who brought about the referees strike ? Could you point me in ANY contentious decision that has gone AGAINST Celtic since the referees took action ?

My point is, we as Rangers fans have very few options left to us apart from causing harm to the rest of our league. Our board released a statement. Our fans reps have done nothing that I've seen. So what other action can we take ?

Well the penalty Hibs got on Saturday was a terrible decision and their fullback got his jaw broken in the Scottish Cup Final and the player responsible wasn't punished. That's just off the top of my head, they are the only matches I've seen them play recently that didn't also involve us.

I've no problem with us complaining about Alves being singled out, it's a complete joke. But to then call for boycotts of matches seems like a massive jump in logic to me.

Serious question; do any of the posters on here think Steven McLean purposely decided to ignore poor tackles and dangerous play because he wanted Rangers to lose on Sunday? Are there posters on here that think Steven McLean is deliberately anti-Rangers?

For what it's worth I don't.

We need to be careful here. It's not Hearts, or St Johnstone's or Ross County's fault that Scottish referees are poor and quite how boycotting their grounds improves that situation is currently lost on me. I've also yet to read or hear any of the media supporting the ref on Sunday, everyone I've heard has criticised the refereeing performance, particularly the assault on Cardosa. Every supporter I've spoken too since Sunday, even Celtic supporters, agreed it was a terrible decision.

I find myself in agreement with Tannochside Bear again. If we want to affect change at the SFA and the SPFL we need to box clever and we need to find allies. Craig, don't judge the world by social media, most people aren't rabid hatred driven moon howlers. I've actually been surprised at the attitude of many supporters I've met recently, most are bored with the 'punish Rangers' narrative still being pushed and are quite happy to 'move on'.

The siting of Alves from Sunday is baffling only in that he's the only one. None of us can complain he's been sited, he deserves to be, just why hasn't Bowman been too. I can only assume the booking Moult got on Sunday was for the kick during the Alves incident and so it's been deemed to have been dealt with. But lashing out at every other club in the league is not going to make any difference to this decision or similar ones in the future. One thing we've learned about Scottish football recently is it's propensity for self-harm. If anyone thinks us boycotting going to Kilmarnock matches is going to somehow lead to changes in how referees and compliance officers work I'd say they've not been paying attention recently.

If you want to stick your head in the sand John and call us all paranoid, fair enough. The mounting evidence suggests otherwise. Numerous performances from officials that can’t be explained? Ignore it at your leisure.

We are getting nowhere until we face what is effectively retrospective gratuitous vengeance and punishment, from those who feel they are untouchable. I understand that’s its so blatant some will find it impossible to accept. Impossible to admit it to themselves.

I couldn’t give two hoots about any of the other clubs. They all tried to kill us off remember? They still sing to liewells tune and put the boot in when necessary. They will spit on us at every opportunity.

Edited by cooponthewing

Well the penalty Hibs got on Saturday was a terrible decision and their fullback got his jaw broken in the Scottish Cup Final and the player responsible wasn't punished. That's just off the top of my head, they are the only matches I've seen them play recently that didn't also involve us.

I've no problem with us complaining about Alves being singled out, it's a complete joke. But to then call for boycotts of matches seems like a massive jump in logic to me.

You're missing what I'm trying to say here John -I'm not interested in decisions made in games not involving Rangers. I'm complaining about the treatment and punishments being meted out to Rangers players and staff.

This has been going on for ages and nobody apart from Rangers fans seems to or wants to notice it is going on. Our players are being booted up and down the park without anything happening. On the rare occasion it is punished it is only too obvious the referee can't wait to redress the balance by taking action against one of our guys.

The whole compliance officer thing is simply downright corrupt.

When other clubs start struggling financially maybe those holding the power will ensure we see some fairness in the game.

The wagons are circling and trying to say the FA system is more timer consuming and expensive:-

Violent conduct or serious foul play?

Portugal defender Alves appeared to lash out with both feet as he and Moult tangled towards the end of Sunday's League Cup semi final at Hampden.

While Moult was booked following a confrontation with Eduardo Herrera in the aftermath of the incident, Alves was not spoken to by referee Steven McLean.

But after reviewing footage of the incident, current compliance officer Tony McGlennan has decided to charge Alves and the case will go before a hearing on Thursday.

"Where it becomes difficult in a match with a number of incidents is deciding which ones haven't been seen by the officials," explained Lunny, who fulfilled the role from 2011-14.

"Once that hurdle is cleared, then it's about deciding if they are sending off offences."

Rangers issued a statement on Wednesday, saying they are "shocked" by the decision, adding: "are we being asked to believe just one player was guilty of violent conduct in Sunday's game?"

Motherwell forward Ryan Bowman was spared a second booking despite leaving Gers defender Fabio Cardoso with a broken nose after he caught his rival with his elbow in an aerial challenge.

Cardoso also left Motherwell's double goal hero Moult bloodied after clashing during the first half.

"I can only assume that it [the Bowman elbow on Cardoso] has been assessed because it is so high profile," said Lunny.

"The question is: is it violent conduct or serious foul play with excessive force or brutality, or was it simply reckless?

"You can't take retrospective action for reckless action, which would be a caution.

"You can't look at the outcome. The fact that his nose is broken is dreadful but that's not indicative of the quality of the action from Bowman. I suspect it's been viewed as reckless."

SFA panel make the ruling

Rangers have urged a "radical overhaul" of the disciplinary system but Lunny does not think that view is widely shared.

"Tempers flare after high profile or difficult matches," he said. "It's a case of reviewing the evidence but you [the compliance officer] are not taking a decision.

"It's a panel of three independent judges who will then decide whether or not Alves breached rule 200 and if there's been a missed sending off offence.

"The English FA have a panel of three ex-referees who refer incidents to their panel but that is more time consuming and a lot more expensive."

I will start building bridges when they do. If you read social media at all you will see that the depth of hatred towards us runs very deep. Until and unless there is a recognition from these clubs fans that WE subsidise them and their clubs then they can go fuck themselves as far as I am concerned.

2012 - Rangers demoted. Rangers and its fans are told to "move on".

2017 - Final verdict in the tax case. Supporters of every other SPFL club are invited (and indeed do) to join some new supporters association which says it is "open to all Scottish team's supporters, except Rangers fans" in order that they can continue to push through the stripping of titles and further, continued punishment of all things Rangers. In other words.... Rangers fans should move on but everyone else can continue to drag up the past and look for additional punitive punishments towards Rangers... in other words, they don't need to move on but we do.

Fuck that.

And in the intervening 5 years almost every club in the top tier has shows disdain and contempt towards us. Indeed, the only clubs and only fans who have actually shown us some form of brotherhood and sanity have been those who we have subsidized for years coming through the divisions. They, for the vast majority, welcomed us with open arms and actually made it somewhat fun on the "journey".

As soon as we hit the top tier again though the knives were out and the sharpened teeth drawn. The top tier in Scotland, plus its vomit-inducing fans. is toxic. It is rotten to its core. I, for one, wont be building bridges until THEY show the contrition we were accused of lacking back in 2012.

Social media is not real life! It is keyboard warriors and arseholes, especially in the septic world of timmy. I am talking about the club and getting back some influence and credibility in the boardrooms of the other SPFL clubs. Some will not ever be friends, which is fine, but many others will understand that one club is running everything for their exclusive benefit, and that is not good for the long term health of our game.

It’s not just about Alves. Alves deserves to be looked at. It’s about all the other incidents and not necessarily those which the CO (farce tho that is) gets involved in. If Motherwell want to complain about Moults bloody face that is up to them but a club with the worst disciplinary record in the league can have little to complain about when one of their players gets hurt occasionally.

Btw how anyone can disentangle reckless from violent with respect to the Bowman elbow is beyond me. And if they say it’s too expensive to do it properly then don’t do it at all. The CO set up is an excuse for rubbish referees. There were 4 officials at that game on Sunday and they all stood aside whilst moult had a bloody head wound and Cardoso had a bloody head wound. In that sense the outcome of the challenge is actually important and the outcome of the challenge would suggest it was a violent challenge. What every man and his dog knows is that was a deliberate leading elbow which was reckless, violent and intentional. It was capable of far more damage than any other incident in the game. If the CO is saying that is a yellow card offence then perhaps all 11 players in a team should just take a yellow, wipe out 11 opponents and see how far it gets our game.

Edited by Walterbear

No I do't think that at all. If I did then the charge of 'Rangers statement is paranoid' by many journalists would have some degree of weight to it.However so far the only player cited for actions that happened on the park is Alves. I'm confused as to why a waist high challenge on Morelos went completely unpunished during the game, no foul, no card and apparently merits no examination by the CO. The challenge wasn't late, it wasn't a swing and a miss catching him on the follow through, like Garners last year... remember how much attention that got in the media? It was a deliberate waist height challenge taking a player out with no attempt to play the ball. According to Sutton it was a foul but that's kinda it as Morelos apparently goes down too easily. Why its not considered to be dangerous or even violent conduct because it was deliberate and should merit examination from the Co I have no idea. There were many, many more challenges and fouls in Sundays game that went unnoticed than there were that were noticed.

Further to that its quite noticeable, commentary during games and the MSM, how Rangers players are expected to behave during games, if they don't they are cited by CO, while others are admonished. The issue I have with it is that Mr Mc Leans performance was one of incompetence bordering on negligence and as far as I'm concerned he should never referee another professional match again. Is it going to take a player from any team getting a head knock and collapsing on the pitch for the authorities to take action against this because if it is, I tell you right now, my heart goes out to the poor player and their family if that is the case.

EDIT: Incidentally my opinion on the Morelos challenge which the referee clearly seen as he was looking at it as it happened was that he bottled it. He knew it was a foul knew if he stopped the game for it the Well player would have to go and so he bottled it. Do your job!

I agree, McLean was terrible on Sunday and citing (thanks for the spelling lesson!!) Alves is bizarre. But how will boycotting other clubs make any difference to that. We need other clubs to put pressure on the authorities to improve the standard of refereeing and to change the brutalist style of football in Scotland. I don't know about you but threats tend not to work so well with Scots in my experience.

If you want to stick your head in the sand John and call us all paranoid, fair enough. The mounting evidence suggests otherwise. Numerous performances from officials that can’t be explained? Ignore it at your leisure.

We are getting nowhere until we face what is effectively retrospective gratuitous vengeance and punishment, from those who feel they are untouchable. I understand that’s its so blatant some will find it impossible to accept. Impossible to admit it to themselves.

I couldn’t give two hoots about any of the other clubs. They all tried to kill us off remember? They still sing to liewells tune and put the boot in when necessary. They will spit on us at every opportunity.

What's my head in the sand about Coop? I've not called anyone paranoid. Do you think Steven McLean is deliberately biased against Rangers or just not a very good referee?

You're missing what I'm trying to say here John -I'm not interested in decisions made in games not involving Rangers. I'm complaining about the treatment and punishments being meted out to Rangers players and staff.

This has been going on for ages and nobody apart from Rangers fans seems to or wants to notice it is going on. Our players are being booted up and down the park without anything happening. On the rare occasion it is punished it is only too obvious the referee can't wait to redress the balance by taking action against one of our guys.

The whole compliance officer thing is simply downright corrupt.

When other clubs start struggling financially maybe those holding the power will ensure we see some fairness in the game.

Respectfully Boabie, you specifically asked for decisions that have gone against Celtic, so you're right I am missing what you're trying to say.

Everyone agrees the refereeing standard is simply not good enough, there's no argument there. But how does starving St Johnstone of away supporters twice a season change that and how does telling our support they can't watch our side change that? All clubs are already struggling financially, Scottish football is in a terrible state currently. The compliance officer system is a nonsense and needs overhauled. To do that we need to engage with other clubs, not piss them off. I mean it's simple human nature Boabie, if I want you to support me on something are you more likely to do it if I'm friendly to you or if I threaten you?