Board meeting held earlier today: Caixinha insists he's still in charge

A) Given that very few people would be at the Board Meeting, who of those would leak any information about what was discussed to the public? If anyone would do that, he ain't fit for the job. I assume no-one did so much of what we read is pure conjecture.

B) Should PC be told to go, no matter whom we bring in, do we have enough money to bolster the squad enough in January?

I for one do not agree that we wasted this summer's money, but that we are still missing some quality players in vital positions, namely midfield and attack.

None of the names mentioned excite me. They're all old-fashioned, reactive British managers that don't really have a clue about the way the game is played in Europe or the way the game is going. (Rodgers is one of the few that does know this philosophy, unfortunately...).

I think we need a German-style coach: they have a modern passing, proactive philosophy, and an intensity that will adapt to our game. Wagner and Farke are doing very well at Huddersfield and Norwich, respectively. Does Thomas Tuchel not want to take a step down... or Nagelsmann?? :D

I do see, and accept, the need for a 'steady hand' but I can't really see that 'steady hand' taking us forward. Moreover, Rodgers will trounce any 'steady hand', IMO...

Aye Rodgers has a great European record....

The guy who gave Pedro the job should be following him out the door. A club the size of Rangers appointing a manager with no record of achievement is unbelievable.

I'm no cheerleader for Pedro but that's not fair. Jock Wallace had no record of achievement and neither did Alex McLeish or Davie White, Souness had never managed anyone, Walter Smith had never managed anyone, John Grieg hadn't either, and of course Bill Struth.

Scott Symon, Willie Waddell, Dick Advocaat and PLG did. Some work and some don't. Pedro's appointment was baffling, not just because he'd no record of achievement but because he'd no experience of British far less Scottish football, he'd only managed at a fairly ordinary level and without distinction. For all McLeish's faults he'd improved both Hibs and Motherwell when he'd managed them. Pedro didn't improve any side he managed.

Pedro was a gamble and a peculiar appointment, but it shouldn't discount us appointing someone who hasn't won anything as a manager I don't think.

We are making things worse. This is a terrible idea. No manager will turn this around against so many.

Use the money to fight the cheating then a manager could actually have an influence on results

Will be having this exact same argument 18 months from now when the new guy gets the sack cause he couldnt do the impossible either.

Aye Rodgers has a great European record....

I think to be fair to Rodgers, Imps aside, his record isn't that bad for Scottish football. The one thing he does that make the rest of it almost irrelevant, is to get to the CL every year. It's not exactly the hardest route but then neither are the likes of Progres, Malmo, nor Kaunas.

That they rake in the £30m+ and we don't is the most relevant part, and for that he is a success.

I can't see any OF managers living with £200m+ teams theses days.

I think to be fair to Rodgers, Imps aside, his record isn't that bad for Scottish football. The one thing he does that make the rest of it almost irrelevant, is to get to the CL every year. It's not exactly the hardest route but then neither are the likes of Progres, Malmo, nor Kaunas.

That they rake in the £30m+ and we don't is the most relevant part, and for that he is a success.

I can't see any OF managers living with £200m+ teams theses days.

his record's deplorable

his record's deplorable

Are you able to explain why? (in the context of being a Scottish club in a shit league with little competition and not that much money).

I don't want to bum Celtic up, but much as I enjoy hearing of thrashings by Barcelona, PSG, Bayern Munich et al, I can't see any OF manager doing much better against sides with single players costing the likes of €222m (Neymar), €180m (Mbappe), €82m (Suarez), €75m (De Bruyne), €58m (Stones), €52m (Mangala), €42m (Toiliso) etc

Getting through the qualifiers and having the odd passable result against much more expensive sides is the best the champions of Scotland can hope for these days, IMHO.

They got three draws out of Man City, Monchengladbach and a 3-0 win against Anderlecht (a team with a £76m income).

I agree he's had his losses in single matches in the qualifiers, but in the end it's the tie that counts there and he's won them all.

It's not fantastic but it's hardly deplorable when looked at in context. I want it to be deplorable, I don't want them to get the CL money, but wanting something and it actually happening are not the same thing.

I think you have to at a European record in categories of teams with less money, teams with comparable and teams with more. Even Monchengladbach have a £174m turnover. Barcelona bring in £584m which is a tad more than Munich (£540m), and Man City are about £400m.

PSG are at about £460m but are obviously spending way outside that.