Alves banned for two games

This last month, BBC Radio Scotland's Richard Gordon has taken to reading out a list of Rangers players/incidents that the Compliance Officer might be interested in; no other club is mentioned. Fellow Aberdeen supporter, Liam McLeod supports Gordon's accusations.

It's a variation on a theme, bully the authority(and let's face it, the Compliance Officer does not need much nudging) into dealing with issues; thus building weight of evidence to be utilised as a bigger stick. On Sunday, it was left to both Wullie Miller and James McFadden to remind Gordon of other incidents that require further investigation.

Alves gets offered a two match ban due to the referee not doing his job? If Alves had been sent off he would have had a one match ban, is that correct?

No a one match ban is automatic it can be increased after a hearing.

Edited by pete

Confirmed by SFA.

This is Scottish football's disciplinary system: two identical kicks off the ball. One player is booked (or not cited), the other given a two match ban.

An utter joke.

not quite two identical kicks Frankie.

The well player was in retalliation.

Scottish football's disciplinary system is being run for the benefit of one club only. Apparently Scott Brown kicked someone in the head during a game recently and then there are the elbow incidents against Rangers which went unpunished. Those in charge don't even try to hide their bias anymore.

No a one match ban is automatic it can be increased after a hearing.

Not sure if you’re agreeing with me or not:confused:

If Alves had been sent off last Sunday he would have a one match ban? He was offered a two match ban by the CO, so he gets extra punishment due to an error by the referee? Am I missing something?

Not sure if you’re agreeing with me or not:confused:

If Alves had been sent off last Sunday he would have a one match ban? He was offered a two match ban by the CO, so he gets extra punishment due to an error by the referee? Am I missing something?

A red card is given a 1 match automatic ban but you still have to face the beaks and your real punishment will be dealt out. It could be that they are happy that 1 match is enough but they can also extend it for more matches. I think Suarez had 8 matches for biting someone's ear. I doubt if a kick-out such as Alves did would ever just be 1 game. If he appeals and loses it is possible they will extend it to 3 games because he didn't accept 2.

Edited by pete