Ryan Jack wins red card appeal

Not for me thanks.

The referee will make mistakes. I can accept that.

I don't want the game to be slowed down any more than it already is.

I think one thing that would help, would be the ref being able to speak about various decision etc after the match & explain why they took certain actions. Something that I'm sure the compliance officer & panel will be privy to.

I think one thing that would help, would be the ref being able to speak about various decision etc after the match & explain why they took certain actions. Something that I'm sure the compliance officer & panel will be privy to.

They do that in the Netherlands. The referee is interviewed on TV after the game and shown a recording of his decision and asked about it.

Normally it is 1 or 2 decisions per game for about 30 seconds that for me isn't a problem. In fact a lot of the time the Ref is checking while the ball is being retrieved and the players are getting into position.

Why does it take 30 seconds to retrieve a ball?

This is the kind of rubbish I'm talking about.

That might be a good idea.

There are lots of options to explore that don't involve the match slowing down.

Still no comment from anyone at Rangers about a player getting sent off twice this season and both decisions later rescinded on appeal ?

If this was the yahoos there would all sorts of demands for referees to be sacked and whatever else.

And the referees would probably be on strike again by now

Edited by RANGERRAB

Still no comment from anyone at Rangers about a player getting sent off twice this season and both decisions later rescinded on appeal ?

If this was the yahoos there would all sorts of demands for referees to be sacked and whatever else.

And the referees would probably be on strike again by now

Rangers made their annoyance very clear to our satisfaction after the Motherwell game so there's not much to be gained from doing so again at the moment.

It's obvious the Compliance Officer system is failing and the referees struggling. The pressure is on the league and SFA to address.

Why does it take 30 seconds to retrieve a ball?

This is the kind of rubbish I'm talking about.

Rubbish! No point in answering that. You have obviously made up your mind without witnessing it. The only thing I can add is set your watch and look how many minutes of actual football you get. If you think there is not 30 seconds between a team scoring and the kick-off then I will leave you in your belief.

I have been keeping an eye recently on how long it takes to take a goal kick. At Hampden the Motherwell keeper took 58 seconds to take a goal kick, and our own Wes took 40 seconds to take one at Murrayfield.

A free kick took over a minute on a few occasions over the last couple of games also.

The amount of dead time during the 90 mins is disgraceful. A lot of the time it is due to an overly fussy referee. the time taken to settle everybody down after a foul, book a player, get his wee spray out, mark around the ball, pace out 10 yards, spray again, then run away to the other side of the pitch before blowing his whistle to restart play is utterly annoying and can take over two minutes. None of this time lost is ever added back on.

I have been keeping an eye recently on how long it takes to take a goal kick. At Hampden the Motherwell keeper took 58 seconds to take a goal kick, and our own Wes took 40 seconds to take one at Murrayfield.

A free kick took over a minute on a few occasions over the last couple of games also.

The amount of dead time during the 90 mins is disgraceful. A lot of the time it is due to an overly fussy referee. the time taken to settle everybody down after a foul, book a player, get his wee spray out, mark around the ball, pace out 10 yards, spray again, then run away to the other side of the pitch before blowing his whistle to restart play is utterly annoying and can take over two minutes. None of this time lost is ever added back on.

Was it Broadfoot that took over 1minute to take a shy after Kilmarnock equalised or am I mixing up games up.