Rangers back LGBT players

It's an interesting thread this one.

Darther complained there are "sooooo many labels", I think there are four, maybe a couple more, it's not exactly a difficult number to count either way. As for fear of offending someone, if you do, apologise, ask what term you should use, use that one and then move on. It's not that hard.

It also seems to get rolled up with other grievances people have with current society. I mean this has literally got nothing to do with poppies being sold at someone's work, or what kind of toilet's Starbucks has, literally nothing. Likewise whether someone got their knob out in front of Craig's wife or traumatised Gonzo's son by having an arse. There are already laws regarding that, make a complaint.

Also that apparent teacher being suspended, you might want to hang on before shouting about that one too much. There's more to come out about his behaviour, his disregard for rules and the 'evangelical' zeal he's got for imposing his beliefs on children he's supposed to be teaching academic subjects too. The Christian Legal Centre are Tea Party wannabe creationist loonballs, be interesting to see how many of us would want him teaching our kids.

Anyway, I'm pleased the club are willing to support openness and welcome all to the stadium.

HSBC have 19 genders/sexes/whatever they're called this week listed at present, John, which kind of rubbishes your first point.

Rousseau (the philosopher, not the poster) said something about the best societies expanding with procreation. The issue for me isn't homosexuality itself, it's the promotion of it. There is a difference between tolerance and approval.

My son wasn't traumatised by the bloke's arse (thankfully, he was looking in another direction). But thanks for your kind words.

HSBC have 19 genders/sexes/whatever they're called this week listed at present, John, which kind of rubbishes your first point.

Rousseau (the philosopher, not the poster) said something about the best societies expanding with procreation. The issue for me isn't homosexuality itself, it's the promotion of it. There is a difference between tolerance and approval.

My son wasn't traumatised by the bloke's arse (thankfully, he was looking in another direction). But thanks for your kind words.

Have we ever been seen in the same room, though...

SlimyIncompleteDassie-size_restricted.gif

Edited by Rousseau

I personally think it's a good thing Rangers are doing this.

And while not entirely related to this, I tire of societies need to label everything.

Gay, straight whatever. As long as what you're doing is consensual, legal and most of all making you happy. Then who cares how it is labelled.

Really, 19? Bloody hell. Who knew reformed heroin dealers would be the vanguard for gender fluidity.

Again though that's not what this is about, is it? It's about accepting people whatever their differences. I'm not sure there is a difference between tolerance and approval. If you don't approve then you must disapprove and we're into fairly shaky ground if that's the case. It's like saying you tolerate someone who is left handed or is going bald. It's not something people have a choice in, I mean you could tie their hand behind their back or insist they have a hair transplant, but you're simply suppressing something they've no control over.

Yeah, fair enough. It was a dickish thing to say, I apologise.