Ruth Gilfillan was booted down three ranks over Rangers 'banter' claim

It is unlikely that Eva Bolander would be an RC but it is no coincidence that a change in controlling party may result in a paradigm shift. It is no coincidence that there were a number of murky payoffs from GCC prior to the take over. I’m sure the shredders were going full steam ahead. That is my only positive that I think may come of SNP taking over Glasgow: them uncovering years of religious based corruption by the GCC that has pretty much been an open secret. I am dubious though as they are well versed at burying this sort of stuff, including the years of drug dealing via one of their handy “arms length” tentacles.

Edited by StuGers

I think you have to take the amount of Protestants and Catholics interested in politics into account. Is that number on a parallel with the total population. If I looked at the SNP figures that was talked about on here then the numbers were also in favour of Catholics. It is funny how 2 of the biggest parties in Scotland have mostly Catholics representing them. Or am I totally wrong on that?

I think you have to take the amount of Protestants and Catholics interested in politics into account. Is that number on a parallel with the total population. If I looked at the SNP figures that was talked about on here then the numbers were also in favour of Catholics. It is funny how 2 of the biggest parties in Scotland have mostly Catholics representing them. Or am I totally wrong on that?

If that is the case then you have to query why that is, and what is the purpose?

Is it the case that maybe there are equal amounts but there are certain barriers in place to stop those from certain backgrounds being given the opportunity to stand?

It is a hugely strange anomaly and one that the media / politicians really need to strain their neck to ignore. For a community that is often quick to raise claims of bias against them or historic prejudice, the current day certainly paints a picture that is the polar opposite.

Edited by StuGers

It should also be noted that a recent survey of football teams supported within Scottish MPs only raised ONE Rangers supporter. This is in line with the discussion above however I am willing to say football does not = politics directly (although in today’s climate it is converging). Is it not strange that of the two biggest supported teams in Scotland (by miles) who have similar supporting numbers within this country, have such a huge difference in MPs that support them? Would hat not suggest that the system is set up to favour the success of becoming an MP to those of a certain background? Again, your argument above about who is actually interested in politics still stands but it if true, and also if not, it raises the concern that politicians are not truly representing the demographic of the country and are not fit for purpose.

The majority of Bears are working class Unionists. In reality, no party truly represents us...not since Labour were infiltrated by RCs.

That's just my opinion.

Do you think that this is part behind the reason of the rise of the conservatives in Scotland?

The majority of Bears are working class Unionists. In reality, no party truly represents us...not since Labour were infiltrated by RCs.

That's just my opinion.

I would be very surprised to find a large number of people who would really call themselves "unionists" in Scotland while away from football tribalism. I doubt it's really on many people's radar, just like in England - people know we're part of the union, but most don't feel the need to bang on about it all the time.

I also think you'll find that more Rangers fans vote SNP (and previously Labour) than you want to believe. The Conservative and Unionist party certainly haven't benefited much from support from the majority of Rangers fans.

I would be very surprised to find a large number of people who would really call themselves "unionists" in Scotland while away from football tribalism. I doubt it's really on many people's radar, just like in England - people know we're part of the union, but most don't feel the need to bang on about it all the time.

I also think you'll find that more Rangers fans vote SNP (and previously Labour) than you want to believe. The Conservative and Unionist party certainly haven't benefited much from support from the majority of Rangers fans.

Whilst not drum-thumping unionists, I’m sure you will find the support are majority pro-union.

I would be very surprised to find a large number of people who would really call themselves "unionists" in Scotland while away from football tribalism. I doubt it's really on many people's radar,

The fear of independence is on many people's radar in Scotland.