Ruth Gilfillan was booted down three ranks over Rangers 'banter' claim

I totally agree that power and land play a huge role but I can't agree that the killing of millions of Jews had nothing to do with a religion. While not specifically Catholic or proteststant or Islam it was fuelled by Hitlers belief in an Aryon super race which you can also class as a sect or religion in the proper meaning of the word. A huge sect believing and forcing other people into his\their beliefs.

It was racial, based on Social Darwinism and the superiority of some races over others. These ideas were popular with German Nationalists long before Hitler came along and developed his "Superiority of the Master race".

Edited by Blue Moon

But Britain declaring war on Germany had nothing to do with religion. Same goes for America.

Hitler wasn't particularly religious and from what I've read, his hatred for Jews was racial as much as it was religious.

As I said at the start it is not per se a Catholic Protestant thing but religion is the belief in a super power and that is certainly what motivated Hitler and fuelled his hate of Jews and Bolsheviks. Hitler was what he wanted to be depending on who he was preaching to.

As adults we know when we've done something wrong, just ask Ruth Gilfillan. I think our priorities are all wrong when the burning matter of the day is to protect people from being offended, especially when one section of society (a minority one at that) defines which words or statements are deemed to be an offence. It is dreadful that people's livelihoods are affected by something they say. These so called hate laws are against freedom of speech. The laws were already there to protect people from being harmed by speech but to protect people from being offended is way too far. We should be discussing the virtues of liberalism, not making criminals of people who dare to express an opinion.

There has to be a better way than this and I sincerely hope Ruth wins her case and a more appropriate solution is sought such as a warning.

Welcome to 21st century Republic if Scotland. Do you think that this would be the same if it was the other way round? There is a reason that there are so many prominent Catholics in high ranking positions. There is a reason that there has been no Protestant Lord Provost in Glasgow for decades, against all odds.

Incorrect.