Scottish Cup draw: Fraserburgh v Rangers

I think Fraserburgh and their bank manager would prefer Ibrox

Keith tried that but the SFA wouldn't let them. They did however allow the game to be moved to Pittodrie so the precedent is there for Fraserburgh.

Edit - Btw I'll never forget Laudrup being subbed and the entire Keith support rising to their feet to applaud him off the park at Pittodrie.

Edited by Bill

Keith tried that but the SFA wouldn't let them. They did however allow the game to be moved to Pittodrie so the precedent is there for Fraserburgh.

Edit - Btw I'll never forget Laudrup being subbed and the entire Keith support rising to their feet to applaud him off the park at Pittodrie.

[video=youtube;kJL-mtsSxQc]

One of my biggest regrets in watching Rangers is missing the game we scored 10 away from home! My first child was due to be born a couple of days later and I had to miss the game "just in case" my wife couldnt hold her water!

As it turned out I also missed the following game at Firhill the next weekend due to my wife being released from hospital with my son to come home. I was chasing up the staff to let her get away in the morning so I could make it back home, get them settled, then still make it across the city in time, but the release papers and all the other stuff didnt get finished until 2pm and I missed the game.

What a slagging I took on the bus for missing 2 games just because my wife was having a baby! Times have changed now and I am fairly comfortable to miss a game her and there if there is something else important going on in life, but at that time missing the game was like losing an arm.

I would hope it's against the rules these days. I don't think it's sporting to move home advantage to the opposition for greater money.

I neutral venue, reasonably local to the home team, while still not quite right, is still a more sporting compromise.

I would hope it's against the rules these days. I don't think it's sporting to move home advantage to the opposition for greater money.

I neutral venue, reasonably local to the home team, while still not quite right, is still a more sporting compromise.

I understand that - but if the decision is Fraserburgh's to make I see no reason they shouldn't be allowed to do it for financial reasons. Agree though, it takes away some of the majesty of cup football.

I understand that - but if the decision is Fraserburgh's to make I see no reason they shouldn't be allowed to do it for financial reasons. Agree though, it takes away some of the majesty of cup football.

Majesty? Is this the Scottish Cup we’re talking about? ???

Sky would rather have the game at Fraserburgh. If they choose to show it (and they have shown every Rangers SC game since 2012) then it won’t be at Pittodrie. 3,000 capacity must be the biggest in the Highland League as well. Last year we played Dumbarton at their ground, which only holds 1500!

I disagree, the SFA shouldn't allow it otherwise clubs could get greedy and create the situation where either or both the OF perpetually get home ties all the way to the semis, which is unfair on the other upper SPL sides.

I do realise that ironically it would probably be a handicap to us this season.