League Cup Final in Pro-Celtic Refereeing Shocker

Sinclair must surely now be banned for affecting the outcome of a game by diving.

That wasn’t even his worst dive this season. There is absolutely no way that they “compliance officer” will pull them up about it.

It is just another amazing decision to add to this season’s refereeing performances. I actually can’t remember a season with so many dodgy decisions and it’s not even half way in.

I had quite forgotten that this bauble was up for grabs.

With what can seem now only the 20/20 vision of hindsight, I would suggest that it was a nailed-on racing certainty that, following the 7 -1 mauling (12 - 1 on aggregated goals) by the Les Grand Garcons de Paris, Scotland's (make that Europe's) worst top level referee, Craig Thomson, an official born by partisanship out of spinelessness, would ensure that M/well had no chance of upsetting the hooped whores. His job, to which, to be fair, he applied himself with all due diligence, was to provide a victory to act as smokescreen and salve for that shameful drubbing his chosen few received in European competition (which, we will recall, from years past, is seen as the true measure of the worth of the Scottish champions, a view glossed over furiously nowadays).

Edited by Uilleam

English news on bbc mention dodgey penalty.

Scottish news not a word about it.

For a change, the whispers' noise will ring in their ears ...

Motherwell 0 Celtic 2: Heartbreak for Steelmen as they crash to defeat in Betfred Cup Final against Celtic

Celtic lift the trophy at Hampden as a blunder from referee Craig Thomson leaves Motherwell with 10 men.

But as they so often do, Celtic went up a gear in the second half and took the lead on 49 minutes.

A move which stemmed from a lost ball by McHugh ended with Forrest cutting inside and curling a low effort into the bottom corner to send the Celtic fans wild.

But Well showed their grit and dtermination as they tried to get into the game.

An unbelievable reaction save from Craig Gordon denied Louis Moult with a powerful header from six yards out.

Well then had a penalty shout waved away by Craig Thomson as Moult had his heels clipped by Kieran Tierney in the box.

But the next time around Thomson was all too quick to point to the spot.

A shocking decision by the whistler awarded a penalty to Celtic after Scott Sinclair went down far too easily after he was touched on the shoulder by Kipre.

To make matters worse the referee sent off Kipre and Dembele stepped up to make it 2-0 and kill the game.

But for Motherwell’s first League Cup final in 12 years to be ruined by a referee is something which will sting Steelmen hearts for a while.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/motherwell-0-celtic-2-heartbreak-11591808

And after the game the Yahoos themselves said it was a dive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jxVXC_jv0M

I don't believe the ref deliberately ignored that dive or was for the Tims. He got it wrong.

what concerns me more was the non refereeing in our semi against Motherwell. Despite obvious thuggery the ref in that game opted to take a back seat....cowardice in the extreme

I don't believe the ref deliberately ignored that dive or was for the Tims. He got it wrong.

what concerns me more was the non refereeing in our semi against Motherwell. Despite obvious thuggery the ref in that game opted to take a back seat....cowardice in the extreme

And what, Colin, is Santa bringing you for Christmas?

I did not see the game, but caught James Forrest's post match interview with Chris McLaughlin. It was art imitating life as top PQ Yahoo, Chris said, "a wonderful finish James, you found the corner"? I thought Chris was referring to Forrest's antics at Elliots in Prestwick some three years past. You may remember Forrest was the subject of two charges, Exposure and Sexual Assault. It was reported widely that James exited the toilets with his tumescent dismembered member exposed, placed his hand under a passing girl's dress, then continued to stand in the far corner. Of course, after 15 months both cases were dropped due to insufficient evidence!

Similarly, three Yahoos arrested and charged after hanging two effigies from the ceiling of the North Stand at ra Stydome in August 2016, have already had their season tickets returned. Expect the echo of 'insufficient evidence' to be heard soonest. I suspect the seventh anniversary of the Referees' Strike this coming January.

In Sinclair's own words...."I felt a tug on my arm and I went down"

So the challenge apparently didn't have any notable effect on him, Kipre's challenge didn't bring Sinclair down....he felt something & hit the deck.

I would like to think that the Compliance Office will take Sinclair's comments into account & issue retrospective punishment....I'll not hold my breath though.