Since Pedro was sacked

Stolen from FF:

Beer Belly Loyal - POSTED:

Rangers have improved to the stage where they have become the 'form' team in Scotland. You won't read this or hear it being reported in tomorrows BBC and STV sports news.

FuJq87.png

Last ten matches:

ilrvzcV.png

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

That certainly paints a different picture, but at no point during that time have I felt like we were in form, aside from perhaps the Aberdeen games.

We have always been one result away from a crisis - and that stems back to last season.

That certainly paints a different picture, but at no point during that time have I felt like we were in form, aside from perhaps the Aberdeen games.

We have always been one result away from a crisis - and that stems back to last season.

Is this a result of the way in which our games are reported?

Is this a result of the way in which our games are reported?

No, it was from watching the games. Though I agree that a lot of our reporting is hysterical... hence why I don't buy any papers, and prefer discussion and content from the likes of here, H&H pod, etc, which is altogether more balanced.

We've a soft under belly to our squad, with players seemingly unable to string performances together on a consistent basis.

What seems to have changed in the last couple of weeks is that some additional players have stepped up - e.g. Windass playing up front, McCrorie in the middle. But we are still prone to error and Ross County on Saturday showed that we still struggle when teams sit in.

That said, winning ugly or grinding out results is a welcome trait to see us start to find again. I hope it continues, but I think especially whilst we continue to struggle with injuries, there is a risk we continue to show inconsistency.

Ross County was a poor performance despite the 3 points and Hamilton/Dundee were awful. We can’t continue to play like that and maintain our position. The playing squad is weak.

Resultswise, perhaps. Dundee was probably the most shambolic performance of the season, but we virtually bulldozed Accies that day, couldn't score from 6 gilt-edged chances (e.g. bar and post hit twice each) and had numerous more. We gifted Accies the first goal, and they had two shots all game. That was resultswise a sore one to take, but hardly an aweful performance of Dundee-proportions.

The Ross County game was a dire performance again - much like it was predicted for a parked-bus game. We should fare better, football-wise, against Hibs, but they are sure a level above the Stags and will cause us some problems.

Edited by der Berliner

Ross County was a poor performance despite the 3 points and Hamilton/Dundee were awful. We can’t continue to play like that and maintain our position. The playing squad is weak.

But its still credit to Murty as under PC we were being caught by likes of Motherwell plus Aberdeen had a big lead.

Celtic can remain undefeated but if they are picking up regular draws its not a bad thing, it will always be 2 points dropped IMO and so long as we continue winning the majority of games we will 1) cement 2nd place and 2) we may even get in a title race yet.

Someone will beat them eventually and games will catch up with them. We just need more of the same and go to Easter Road this week and pick up another win.

Resultswise, perhaps. Dundee was probably the most shambolic performance of the season, but we virtually bulldozed Accies that day, couldn't score from 6 gilt-edged chances (e.g. bar and post hit twice each) and had numerous more. We gifted Accies the first goal, and they had two shots all game. That was resultswise a sore one to take, but hardly an aweful performance of Dundee-proportions.

The Ross County game was a dire performance again - much like it was predicted for a parked-bus game. We should fare better, football-wise, against Hibs, but they are sure a level above the Stags and will cause us some problems.

Fair point the Hamilton chances dB but turning that on its head we create lots of chances and still get beat 2-0 at home. There will be lots of games we create less chances but will we win or lies the games? I suppose like most in here I view losing at home against Hamilton as an awful performance irrespective of chances and that’s probably how we as Rangers fans should view it.