New Director - Barry Scott

If you have a seat on the board, you really need to be able to contribute something to the agenda. I don't know any of the Club 1872 board (despite me being a member) so I don't know who would be best placed to offer skills or experience. Anyone?

Equally, we are a minority shareholder so don't really have any power to demand anything. We could ask nicely though. If we were to get a place on the board, I'm not sure what difference it would make. The representative would have to be as confidential about boardroom matters as the others, and I'm not sure that they'd be any more committed to the good of Rangers than the bears already around the board. What is the expectations around this forum as to what we'd achieve?

I think that Club 1872 would propose someone who was not on the Club 1872 board.

Someone with the relevant expertise.

Yes that is the figure being quoted within the hierarchy of the club.

If you think about recent appointments it makes sense. Rangers first objective is to get back to being the top club in Scotland. Whether that is this year or next is irrelevant. Personally I think this season has all the same ingredients as our 10 in a row season in reverse.

But looking forward I think if the promised money is invested in youth then the Gilmours will not go to Chelsea. They will be the next McCrorie.

The Rangers teams our fathers rave about all came from Scotland in the main. Mccoist, Baxter and Durrant either came through the well worn system or were born to be gers. We have the talent in Scotland to be the equivalent of Porto. Let's give the boys the chance to come through a well worked youth system that mirrors the first team,. That's why I like Murty. He gets it and understands where the future can take us.

Regarding infrastructure. Yes it needs fixed. Instead of funding share purchase programs let's get fans to invest in our club. Let's leave running the club to the board. They can answer their actions at the AGM.

The Hong Kong consortium are ex pats with a Rangers lifelong connection.

They are not hangers on. But they are business men. Enough said.

My knowledge of the situation comes from people I know. Suffice to say it's at a knowledgeable level. Hence why I know Ashley is not out the picture.

What I would ask is that all fellow Gers continue to get behind the team knowing that the board are not flaffing around in the wind. They have been stewards of our great club and will deliver. Just take a look at the table. 2 results can turn this season around. Thugs are not that bad.

But serious investment is coming. Maybe McInness wasn't part of that plan!

The Hong Kong consortium are ex pats with a Rangers lifelong connection.

They are not hangers on. But they are business men. Enough said.

My knowledge of the situation comes from people I know. Suffice to say it's at a knowledgeable level. Hence why I know Ashley is not out the picture.

Is that really enough though?

Can't you identify them?

No I can't identify them. That would be wrong.

What I can say is that you know 1 of them from an earlier thread. They are rangers fans.

But so is Ashley if it allows him to boost his personal empire. Word has it that Newcastle will be sold shortly. Then it's open season. My preference is the Hong King Consortium because they are lifelong rangers fans.