New Director - Barry Scott

There have been rumours of investment now for as long as I can remember. I've heard stuff about Qatar, SDM, Jim McColl, some whisky fella(s), Les Hutchison and briefcases of money and on and on. Can anyone guess the connection? Yip, they just don't happen and they'll never happen. Yes, one or two of these names may well chuck in a few million against the wishes of their kin but £100m? Nae chance!

As for Ashley, if he wanted to expand SD into Europe, he'd do that via a range of marketing and commercial opportunities. Having SD on a few advertising hoardings as Rangers struggle to beat teams from places like Luxembourg and Cyprus isn't value for money in that sense.

With the greatest of respect, the simple fact is as long as Rangers play in Scotland then the chances of anyone wanting to invest to the tune of £100m is nothing more wishful thinking.

on a money basis....Ashley is one guy that you want on board - IF he is going to open the wallet and supply substantial investment.

His past exploits would indicate that this is most likely not gonna happen. He is only interested in making money - football clubs don't have a good track record of doing that.

Future Investment....sounds kinda pie-in-the-sky to me - remember Red Bull were looking to invest £100m (or in that region) in the club??? I would suggest that if Davie P wants his claims to be taken seriously, that he message the Admins with his sources for confirmation.

The current Board....I think it's a bit much saying that they are useless etc. Each & every one of them is a successful businessman, each with more wealth than all of us combines (probably). They know how to run a business, and at boardroom level, that is exactly what a football club is.

on a money basis....Ashley is one guy that you want on board - IF he is going to open the wallet and supply substantial investment.

His past exploits would indicate that this is most likely not gonna happen. He is only interested in making money - football clubs don't have a good track record of doing that.

Future Investment....sounds kinda pie-in-the-sky to me - remember Red Bull were looking to invest £100m (or in that region) in the club??? I would suggest that if Davie P wants his claims to be taken seriously, that he message the Admins with his sources for confirmation.

The current Board....I think it's a bit much saying that they are useless etc. Each & every one of them is a successful businessman, each with more wealth than all of us combines (probably). They know how to run a business, and at boardroom level, that is exactly what a football club is.

The current board aren't useless - in fact they're doing a reasonable job of running the business and ensuring we remain (fairly) competitive whilst living within our means. Yes, we'd prefer a higher calibre of executive but I'd also like Messi and Ronaldo in our forward line.

Unfortunately, it's the football side that seems to be struggling a bit but I guess it takes time to organise that as well as we'd all like. The Progres debacle didn't help the finances, the Caixinha gamble didn't help the football ops and the delay in securing a new manager isn't helping generally.

However, we're lucky in that the other teams are inconsistent too so we can only hope to take advantage of that good fortune before pressure really begins to rise.

Ashley's approach, as has been seen throughout his football and non-football exploits, its to do exactly that - exploit! He exploits smaller struggling firms, strips out their assets whilst simultaneously hamstringing them with debt so that he can exert control and remove those who stand in his path.

What part of that, on any level, sits comfortably with us given how much of a struggle its been to get rid of his toxic influence?

I'm not religious, and apologies to anyone who is, but jesus wept!

The current board aren't useless - in fact they're doing a reasonable job of running the business and ensuring we remain (fairly) competitive whilst living within our means. Yes, we'd prefer a higher calibre of executive but I'd also like Messi and Ronaldo in our forward line.

Unfortunately, it's the football side that seems to be struggling a bit but I guess it takes time to organise that as well as we'd all like. The Progres debacle didn't help the finances, the Caixinha gamble didn't help the football ops and the delay in securing a new manager isn't helping generally.

However, we're lucky in that the other teams are inconsistent too so we can only hope to take advantage of that good fortune before pressure really begins to rise.

The Board aren’t employing the best people (Traynor, Robertson, no-one as first team manager) and they should be doing much better on that front. My sense is there are a few people of equal standing who have put similar amounts (millions) into the club and who are clearly capable in their own fields but bringing them together is leading to a vacuum of leadership which the MD is not filling particularly well. The Board have done a fantastic job in removing Ashley and keeping our club out of administration but we surely can expect more than hoping to take advantage of the inconsistencies in other clubs. I understand the club needs to be sustainable which is why I would have concerns about £100m sugar daddies as much as I have concerns about low investment but one thing the club (the rich board members) should be able to do is appoint the very best people to manage it and it’s obvious they are not doing that. Perhaps there is a secret plan but the AGM was the time to be more open about it. Based on what DK said about a year ago he seemed to be quite keen to limit his future time and involvement in the club but my guess is he wants his money back before packing it in. Given the time he gives to Rangers instead of developing his other businesses that is perfectly reasonable and he’s an extremely durable tenacious man, but if he employs lower grade people to manage affairs (or no one) it’s going to take a long time and the playing inconsistencies are more likely to affect us than perhaps Hibs, Celtic or Aberdeen. We already have provision for £7m of soft loans over the next 2 years which for me doesn’t equate with rapid success or for that matter stories of £100m investments.

Edited by Walterbear

The Board aren’t employing the best people (Traynor, Robertson, no-one as first team manager) and they should be doing much better on that front. My sense is there are a few people of equal standing who have put similar amounts (millions) into the club and who are clearly capable in their own fields but I sense bringing them together is leading to a vacuum of leadership which the MD is not filling particularly well. The Board have done a fantastic job in removing Ashley and keeping our club out of administration but we surely can expect more than hoping to take advantage of the inconsistencies in other clubs. I understand the club needs to be sustainable which is why I would have concerns about £100m sugar daddies as much as I have concerns about low investment but one thing the club (the rich board members) should be able to do is appoint the very best people to manage it and it’s obvious they are not doing that. Perhaps there is a secret plan but the AGM was the time to be more open about it. Based on what DK said about a year ago he seemed to be quite keen to limit his future time and involvement in the club but my guess is he wants his money back before packing it in. Given the time he gives to Rangers instead of developing his other businesses that is perfectly reasonable and he’s an extremely durable tenacious man, but if he employs lower grade people to manage affairs (or no one) it’s going to take a long time and the playing inconsistencies are more likely to affect us than perhaps Hibs, Celtic or Aberdeen. We already have provision for £7m of soft loans over the next 2 years which for me doesn’t equate with rapid success or for that matter stories of £100m investments.

Agree completely.

Like I say the board are doing a reasonable job given the events of recent years. However, there's a big difference between reasonable and making Rangers the dominant force in the country once more.