New Director - Barry Scott

No I can't identify them. That would be wrong.

Why?

Nobody really pays attention to what people say on football forums.

In fact, most people just think that posts alluding to inside knowledge are a load of rubbish.

Just post it since nobody will believe it anyway.

Be patient. The news will hit soon enough.

All that fellow Gers need to know is that the board are not idiots. There is a plan and investment is on its way.

The idiots are the media to think that the board are flaffing around in the wind.

It's not a war chest. It's an investment in the good future of our club.

That investment will be conditional on the good grace of our worldwide fan base. Which is second to nobody.

It will take us back to where we belong. At the top of Scottish football. But it will require an understanding that we are not PSG. We will be the new PORTO.

A club that develops players that can compete with the best but a team that will likely often fall short of European glory. That is the reality of the modern game.

I don't know about other posters but I currently will be happy to be doing the Celtic on a regular basis!

The Hong Kong consortium are ex pats with a Rangers lifelong connection.

They are not hangers on. But they are business men. Enough said.

My knowledge of the situation comes from people I know. Suffice to say it's at a knowledgeable level. Hence why I know Ashley is not out the picture.

What I would ask is that all fellow Gers continue to get behind the team knowing that the board are not flaffing around in the wind. They have been stewards of our great club and will deliver. Just take a look at the table. 2 results can turn this season around. Thugs are not that bad.

But serious investment is coming. Maybe McInness wasn't part of that plan!

Yeah ashley sold his shares so he could invest.

Seems likely.

It's not a war chest. It's an investment in the good future of our club.

That investment will be conditional on the good grace of our worldwide fan base. Which is second to nobody.

It will take us back to where we belong. At the top of Scottish football. But it will require an understanding that we are not PSG. We will be the new PORTO.

A club that develops players that can compete with the best but a team that will likely often fall short of European glory. That is the reality of the modern game.

I don't know about other posters but I currently will be happy to be doing the Celtic on a regular basis!

That part in bold ... you know how Porto get their multi-million pound players and transfers? There are only a very limited number of Gilmours and McCrories about, but there are tons of folk in South America Porto and Co. can pinch and sell on. There is no denying that good scouting from top to the school levels is required and necessary, as well as good coaching. But you need to find some real raw talent first and have the power to demand real money for them too before dreaming of Porto or the like.

That said, some sort of decent investment and half a dozen quality players would be enough to get us into the CL and should we manage the group stages, serious money would flow back into the club. Right now, I would hope we get that share issue done and see what comes of it.

Edited by der Berliner

Because we are guaranteed a European place. Well almost! Newcastle are not!

Lol. That doesn't answer the question. Newcastle playing in the EPL gets a far bigger exposure than Rangers in the Europa, and makes a lot more money than us in Europe.

£100m? Again that make me laugh. You should have gone for a far more believable amount to make it realistic.

The board aren't idiots? After last week's statement, are you sure?

The Hong Kong consortium are ex pats with a Rangers lifelong connection.

They are not hangers on. But they are business men. Enough said.

My knowledge of the situation comes from people I know. Suffice to say it's at a knowledgeable level. Hence why I know Ashley is not out the picture.

What I would ask is that all fellow Gers continue to get behind the team knowing that the board are not flaffing around in the wind. They have been stewards of our great club and will deliver. Just take a look at the table. 2 results can turn this season around. Thugs are not that bad.

But serious investment is coming. Maybe McInness wasn't part of that plan!

So Ashley is also bringing back the brothers? :D