New Director - Barry Scott

I'd say it's preferable for people involved in the running of any football club to reside fairly close. It's not essential but I don't think it's ideal when our main shareholder resides in the Southern hemisphere.

It's easier to get a feel for something when you're closer to it more often. Perhaps if King interacted with Rangers people face to face a bit more often he'd get a better perspective.

Mind you, I'm a bit old fashioned.

None of our directors hang out with 'Rangers people' in that sense. I'm assuming by that you mean ordinary working class Rangers supporters? Generally directors are successful business people who are mostly upper middle class and are unlikely to frequently be in the company of ordinary Rangers people unless its a function or event they are attending. Thats not a criticism of you or your perspective its just the way it is and has been for as long as I can remember.

I'd say it's preferable for people involved in the running of any football club to reside fairly close. It's not essential but I don't think it's ideal when our main shareholder resides in the Southern hemisphere.

It's easier to get a feel for something when you're closer to it more often. Perhaps if King interacted with Rangers people face to face a bit more often he'd get a better perspective.

He lived in Castlemilk. Some memories never leave you.

He bought us and his main ambition is to beat Celtic to the top of the tree.

The location shouldn't matter these days, particularly as it's a similar time zone.

If someone makes themselves unavailable or acts in an authoritative manner, it doesn't matter if they're in Edinburgh or Joburg. The impact is the same.

I'm afraid I have to take a counter point there mate.

We are in an electronic age with instant contact between folk available 24 hours a day.

We also employ staff at great cost to manage the day to day running of the club. These guys are inside Ibrox every day.

The major shareholders at BP or any other big company won't be clocking in at 8 am Monday to Friday. They are there for the important financial decisions and not to soothe the fevered brow of whatever star they have within their company.

I work in alignment with teams in Poland and India, as well as having higher management in Manchester and despite the ease of communication there are often issues. Face to face interactions often have most impact.

I'm not totally stuck in the past. BigJaws - I didn't mean everyday Rangers fans. I meant living in Scotland would perhaps give King a better understanding of how the club is thought of. Not just by us either.

The location shouldn't matter these days, particularly as it's a similar time zone.

If someone makes themselves unavailable or acts in an authoritative manner, it doesn't matter if they're in Edinburgh or Joburg. The impact is the same.

Agree with most of that.

A hard nosed and competent CEO with appropriate power, running the day to day stuff and implementing strategy would be a step forward.

But as you touch on, it would still need trust and delegation which I think is currently a hurdle and helps illustrate why the board have showed signs of dysfunctionality.

None of our directors hang out with 'Rangers people' in that sense. I'm assuming by that you mean ordinary working class Rangers supporters? Generally directors are successful business people who are mostly upper middle class and are unlikely to frequently be in the company of ordinary Rangers people unless its a function or event they are attending. Thats not a criticism of you or your perspective its just the way it is and has been for as long as I can remember.

I'm not sure that's fair. The Park's might be wealthy but they run a motoring group in the West of Scotland, they must come into contact with, and mix with, 'ordinary' Rangers supporters all the time. Paul Murray and John Bennett have visited supporters clubs in recent times and Murray certainly lives and works in Scotland, he's not an elusive millionaire, he's a fairly down to earth guy.

I do agree with Gonzo that King's remoteness must be a hindrance. I accept technology makes communication easier but there's still nothing to beat being in the same room as someone to know your message has been understood.

King is the Chairman....Which in principal is a figure head-type position. It also grants him the casting vote over the Board.

King/The Club employs a number of Directors who oversee the daily running of the Business - lets not kid ourselves here. At boardroom level, a football club is no different from any other business out there.

Within that Board, it is the CEO - Stuart Robertson - who is in the Daily driving seat. He is the person entrusted by the Chairman/Shareholders to look after the running of the business.

The location of the Chairman is completely irrelevant these days. There is no reason for him to be onsite daily/weekly/monthly. DK will be in regular contact with his Board of directors via phone/email/conference call/video call etc With the way phone systems work, it is even possible that DK's phone has an internal extension number, even though he's at the other side of the world. (Note: I actually know the engineer who upgraded RFC's phone system about 2 years ago). DK can be sitting in South Africa, connected directly into the RFC data servers, as if he's sitting in his office @ Ibrox - Remote working is common place now. So, DK's actual location should not delay or offer ANY hindrance to the running of the club.

Dave King does not run the club by himself, though the media would have you believe this at times. He is also NOT the majority shareholder - he is the largest single shareholder, and as such has no power to force his ideas through.

I don't know anything about Barry Scott....but the fact that he's in Hong Kong, will allow some folk to criticise his work based on his location. I'm pretty sure that he's been brought on board for his business acumen & financial resources, therefore his location is irrelevant.