Kenny Miller out for "a significant period"

From the Record.

" Rangers have been dealt a further blow after Kenny Miller's hamstring injury was revealed to be worse than first feared.

The Ibrox veteran had already been ruled out until at least the end of the winter break but his injury will now keep him out for a "significant amount of time".

The news will come as a blow to interim boss Graeme Murty as he continues to deal with the absence of Graham Dorrans and captain Lee Wallace while back-up goalkeeper Jak Alnwick and midfielder Jordan Rossiter are also injured.

But he has been given a boost by the news Carlos Pena and Fabio Cardoso will both be available for Rangers' trip to face Kilmarnock at Rugby Park. "

Like him or loathe him, Miller remains an important part of the squad and it's a squad very short of winners like him.

He's generally had a poor season and more than once I was wishing he wasn't playing but to lose an extra body isn't good news as long as the likes of Pena and Niko aren't doing the business.

On a sidenote, Saturday will be at a wet artifical Killie pitch against a team which has snatched 10 points from the last 4 games. Jack will be missing too, Collum will be the man in the middle.

What was that song again? When the going gets tough, the tough get going! ...

BTW, our upcoming home game against Motherwell will be "officiated" by the one-and-only Mr. Beaton!

Regarding Miller ... there is no-one questioning his commitment for a second, or his workrate. But in a team of our current standard, he is far too often a luxury we can't afford. He sure does a lot of build-up or link-up work, but one good "strikers" game in 5 is not helping us. Put him into the creative role behind the two strikers (and we should have done that for ages), so he can feed the wingers or those up top. As it is, the creativity department is non-existing and the strikers more often than not out of place.

Missing Miller, and I wish him a speedy recovery, might offer more game time for others, but I am not sure whether I want to see another workhorse like Barjonas instead of more creativity / punch in Pena, Kranjcar and Herrera or even Hardie.

Edited by der Berliner